China's sugar and sweeteners have enjoyed rapid development in the past and
will have a promising market in the future, boosted by China's fast growing
food and beverage industries, the major end uses of sugar and sweeteners. The
development of sweeteners, substitutes for sugar, can be boosted by sugar
supply changes which are subject to many factors, such as weather, sugar crops
planting area changes, inflation, competition, etc. Among the nine commonly
used high intensity sweeteners (HIS) including saccharin, cyclamate,
acesulfame-K (Ace-K), stevia sweetener, aspartame, sucralose, glycyrrhizin,
alitame and neotamea, China is one of the largest suppliers for most of them
in the world. As an important HIS production, consumption and exporting
country in the world, China plays an important role in global HIS industry.
Besides HIS, other kinds of sweeteners such as functional oligosaccharide and
starch sugar are estimated to enjoy promising development in the future mainly
thanks to increasing downstream demand. Sweeteners China News brings you the
latest information on newly market dynamics, company dynamics, new sweetener
products and downstream consumption trend, new legislations and policies and
raw material supply dynamics that are shaping the market.
Table of Contents
Editor's Note 1209
Development strategy of HFCS industry in China in future
- On the premise of overcapacity and intense competition, exploring
downstream and integrating industrial resources are important for domestic
Oversea market is crucial for Chinese saccharin in H1 2012
- Oversea market is still crucial for Chinese saccharin in H1 2012.
Aspartame re-evaluation extended until May 2013
- Timeline for full re-evaluation of aspartame from EFSA has been extended
to May 2013, which won't exert much effect on China's export of the product to
Enterprises of functional sugar pay attention to technology innovation
- Chinese enterprises of functional sugar have been paying more and more
attention to technological innovation, which not only helps the enterprises
reduce the cost of raw material, but also helps to improve the popularity of
Output of crystalline fructose increases in H1 2012
- The output of domestic crystalline fructose keeps growing in H1 2012
thanks to the increasing demand and active promotion.
QHT's total profit rises by 113.44% in H1 2012
- QHT, a company who has enjoyed revenue and total profit YoY growths of
93.43% and 113.44% in H1 2012, is making efforts to maintain the high growth
in the future.
Xinfu Pharm starts technology reformation on sucralose project
- On 31 July, 2012, Xinfu Pharm announces that it will carry out technology
transformation on its discontinued sucralose project.
Xiwang Sugar reserves raw material in advance
- Xiwang Sugar plans to save raw material (corn) cost and ensure the supply
of corn in the rest of 2012 by purchasing corn in advance.
GLG suffers profit loss in H1 2012 for strategy readjustment
- GLG's gross profit decreases seriously in H1 2012 for the company
readjusts its development strategy in 2012.
Ex-factory prices of Chinese sweeteners in Aug. 2012
- Ex-factory prices of Chinese sweeteners in Aug. 2012
Domestic ex-factory price of acesulfame-K may decrease slightly
- Domestic ex-factory price of acesulfame-K has rebounded slightly in Aug.
2012, but it may decrease in the following months.
Domestic sorbitol industry may suffer negative effect from VC industry
- Domestic sorbitol industry may suffer negative effect in future from the
anti-monopoly suit against five major Chinese VC producers from the US.
Sucrose price may decline under high inventory pressure
- Up to late July 2012, the sales-to-production ratio of domestic sucrose is
75.00% in the extraction season of 2011/2012, which may bring down its price
in H2 2012 and reduce the sales volume of starch sugar.
Export overview of some sweeteners and raw materials in China, July 2012
- Export overview of some sweeteners and raw materials in China, July 2012
Xiankuo's XOS recognized as high-tech product of Jiangsu Province
- Xiankuo's XOS is recognized as high-tech product of Jiangsu Province.
Anhui Jinhe's revenue of acesulfame-K declines by 10.04% in H1 2012
- Anhui Jinhe's revenue of acesulfame-K declines by 10.04% in H1 2012.
Nanning Sugar acquires tax refund of USD3.04 million
- Nanning Sugar acquires tax refund of USD3.04 million.
Plan of amending 5000+ items of food standards to start
- Plan of amending 5000+ items of food standards will start.
Team from Wrigley visits Shandong Longlive
- Team from Wrigley visits Shandong Longlive.
IMO approved as new kind of feed additive
- IMO is approved as a new kind of feed additive.
Sweeteners China News published by Guangzhou CCM Information Science & Technology Co., Ltd.. This newsletter price starts from US $ 2511.