Biomaterials, referring to those use renewable materials as raw materials,
have developed rapidly in China in recent years and are expected to have a
promising market in the future, though the industry is an emerging one.
Biomaterials are mainly divided into four types in the news: natural bio-based
materials, microbial synthetic materials, chemical synthesis of bio-based
materials and bio-nylon. Undoubtedly, the application of biomaterials is the
trend in the future, thanks to many reasons, such as environmental protection,
excellent properties of biomaterials, etc. Biomaterials China News including
12 to 14 topics in one issue per month, will bring you the latest information
on the latest market dynamics, company dynamics, new biomaterials products,
new biomaterials technology development, new legislations and policies and raw
material supply dynamics that are shaping the market.
Table of Contents
China's PVA industry enters into cold winter
- Attributed to the blind expansion, China's PVA (polyvinyl alcohol)
industry enters into the cold winter, while Wanwei Updated High-tech has a
better performance relatively.
Garbage classification promoting biodegradable trash bag market
- Since H2 2011, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Wuhan and some other cities have
lighted garbage classification activity in succession; biodegradable trash
bag, as one of the necessities of classified garbage package, will benefit
much from this activity.
Xinfu Pharmaceutical remains cautious with PBS business
- The PBS business of Xinfu Pharmaceutical is unsatisfactory, and Xinfu
Pharmaceutical remains cautious toward this program.
Dikang Pharmaceutical to expand its capacity of absorbable PLA film
- On Aug. 6, 2012, Dikang Pharmaceutical decides to expand its capacity of
absorbable PLA film to 900,000 pieces in 2019 from 100,000 pieces in 2012.
Rainbow Fine Chemical insists on investing bio-degradable plastic
- Rainbow Fine Chemical is preparing to establish two wholly owned
subsidiaries to produce bio-degradable materials with total capacity of
13,000t/a -13,500t/a, while the company's previous investment on
bio-degradable materials in 2010 hasn't yielded any profit.
Jilin Chemical Fiber expands bamboo pulp capacity by 16,500t/a
- On Aug. 20, 2012, Jilin Chemical Fiber expands bamboo pulp capacity by
Corn price may remain high in H2 2012
- By Aug. 14, 2012, nearly 3,330,000 ha. corn of China is facing a plague of
oriental armyworm, and about 433,000 ha. may face complete failures, but corn
price will not increase substantially.
Plant-based raw material enters China's polyether polyol industry
- Plant-based raw material enters China's polyether polyol industry.
Yongan Pharmaceutical: To use fossil oil or biomaterial, price decides
- On Aug. 8, 2012, Qianjiang Yongan Pharmaceutical plans to invest USD3.14
million more on the technical betterment program of ethylene oxide, which can
use both biological alcohol and fossil oil product - ethylene as feedstock
based on their prices.
China's PLA export and import suffer decrease in July 2012
- China's PLA export volume and import volume reached 53.232 tonnes and
172.53 tonnes respectively in July 2012, down 41.7% and 45.9% month on month.
China's import volume of castor oil and its derivatives witnesses slight decrease in July 2012
- China's import volume of castor oil and its derivatives reached 31,609.248
tonnes in July 2012, down about 5.1% over June 2012.
Overview of sebacic acid import and export in China, 2007-July 2012
- From 2007 to 2011, import and export market of Chinese sebacic acid has
changed a lot.
Biodegradable bamboo-based biological composite plastic project passes acceptance
- Biodegradable bamboo-based biological composite plastic project passes
Suzhou Well-Bridge produces non-implantable medical device made of PLA
- Suzhou Well-Bridge produces non-implantable medical device made of PLA
A new approach for improving production of butanol
- A new approach for improving production of butanol
Cabot and Rhodia sign agreement for construction of bio n-butanol plant
- Cabot and Rhodia sign agreement for construction of bio n-butanol plant
Thai vetoed another THB15 billion rubber intervention plan
- Thai vetoed another THB15 billion rubber intervention plan
Biomaterials China News published by Guangzhou CCM Information Science & Technology Co., Ltd.. This newsletter price starts from US $ 2511.