Global Information, Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Mobile Banking and Payments - 2nd Edition" by BERG Insight.
Mobile banking is expected to grow in popularity among existing Internet bank users and also become the main digital channel for retail banks in emerging markets. According to research analysts at Berg Insight, "The number of active mobile banking users is almost doubling every year." More specifically, "The number of active users of mobile banking and related financial services worldwide is forecasted to increase from 55 million in 2009 to 894 million in 2015." Mobile money transfer, in particular, is set for market breakthrough in the near future. This segment is projected to generate revenues between $1.2 and $6.2 billion in 2015. Mobile banking, as a whole, represents an evolution of telephone and Internet banking. Mobile subscribers are able to access standard banking services, such as payment and account information, through their mobile devices.
Key questions addressed in this report:
- What is the mobile banking and payments industry?
- What are the major differences between the banked and unbanked populations across the world?
- Who are the most important players to watch for in the mobile banking and payments industry?
- How can mobile technology extend the reach of modern online banks?
- What is the potential for providing mobile financial services to the unbanked population?
- When will NFC allow integration of payment cards in mobile handsets?
- What will the future hold for transactional networks and credit cards in mobile payments?