Global Information Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Fiber Optic Fusion Splicer Market Review and Forecast (2010-2015)" by ElectroniCast.
The global consumption value of fiber optic fusion splice equipment in 2010 increased 35% over 2009. According to Stephen Montgomery, president of International Business at ElectroniCast, "The consumption value is forecast to increase dramatically by a factor of 2x from 2010-2015, with strongly rising quantity growth partially offset by a continuing decline of average prices."
- Asia Pacific region (APAC) to take market share lead driven by countries that are bringing fiber closer to the drop-areas (FTTx) in addition to increase in use of fusion splicers in manufacturing of fiber optic components and devices.
- The Central/South America region is showing aggressive growth rates in terms of fiber optic fusion splicer purchases.
- Telecommunications application currently represents more than 50% of worldwide consumption of fiber optic fusion splicers.
- Use of fusion splice equipment in manufacture of fiber optic components/devices is forecast to increase at average annual growth rate of 16.1 percent between 2010 and 2015.
- Electrical and communication wiring contractors annual use of fusions splicers to deploy optical fiber Private Enterprise Networks is expected to increase 2x during the 2010-2015 forecast period.
- Single fiber fusion splicers will represent 57% of worldwide consumption value in 2011.
- Global consumption value of mass fiber (multiple fiber or ribbon) splicers is forecast to increase at a double-digit average growth rate through 2015.
- Larger (and more expensive) core-to-core bench top models lead in worldwide consumption value of the single fiber fusion splicer product category in 2011.
- Micro-splicers (small handheld fusion splicers) are expected to increase in consumption value at a faster annual pace through 2015.