Global Information, Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Solar Energy Products in China" by Freedonia Group.
Market forecasts indicate that overall demand for solar energy products in China will increase 16.6% yearly through 2013 to reach 50.4 billion Yuan. Solar thermal collectors are currently the dominant solar energy product type in China. Rising personal income levels will mostly fuel market gains for the solar thermal collectors product segment. Increasing construction activity is expected drive sales of solar thermal water heater collectors. Additionally, photovoltaic module market gains will primarily be fueled by various central and local government policies. Such governmental policies are aimed at increasing the share of solar energy in Chinas energy consumption mix, as well as improving electrification levels in rural communities.
Key Findings in this Report:
- Demand for photovoltaic modules in China is forecasted to reach 855 peak megawatts in 2013
- Crystalline silicon modules to account for 78% of photovoltaic module demand in 2013
- Thin film modules to see rapid gains in market demand as a result of increased technological penetration and low manufacturing costs
- Demand for solar thermal collectors projected to rise 9.9% annually to reach 49.7 million square meters in 2013
- Increasing public and private investment in solar thermal power stations will drive sales of solar energy products
©2010 by The Freedonia Group, Inc.
|SOLAR ENERGY PRODUCT DEMAND IN CHINA
|% Annual Growth
|Solar Energy Product Demand||7.16||23.35||50.40||26.7||16.6
|Solar Thermal Collectors||6.91||21.60||38.40||25.6||12.2