Global Information Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "World Specialty Silicas" by Freedonia Group.
Specialty silicas include fumed silica, precipitated silica, silica sol, and silica gel. According to The Freedonia Groups new report, "world demand for specialty silicas will rise 6.3 percent per year to 2.7 million metric tons in 2014." The primary market driver underlying these gains is a rise in world manufacturing activity, especially in key silica markets such as rubber, chemicals, agricultural products, and tires.
Key findings in this report:
- Precipitated silica accounted for 70% of world specialty silica demand in 2009.
- Precipitated silica will remain the dominant product type through 2014 and will be the fastest-growing silica product.
- Rubber represents the largest market for specialty silicas and will account for 45% of total demand in 2014.
- Silicas are expected to see strong gains in demand in the chemicals market as silica additives help improve product process ability and performance.
- Specialty silica demand in the Asia/Pacific region will achieve fastest growth through 2014.
©2010 by The Freedonia Group, Inc.
|WORLD SPECIALTY SILICA DEMAND
(thousand metric tons)
|% Annual Growth
|Specialty Silica Demand ||1583||1991||2700||4.7||6.3