Global Information Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "World Biofuels" by Freedonia Group.
Research analysts expect worldwide demand for biofuels to grow at a double-digit rate through 2014. "Bioethanol will experience the greatest gains, as continued steady growth in the large North American market will be accompanied by more rapid advances in the Asia/Pacific region and Europe," says a new report from The Freedonia Group. "Additionally, demand for other biofuels such as biobutanol and renewable diesel will being to reach commercially significant volumes."
Key Findings in this Report:
- United States and Brazil (the two largest consumers and producers of bioethanol) continue to dominate global bioethanol industry.
- From a long-term perspective, an imbalance in demand and production will decline as cellulosic ethanol capacity is brought online and as other biofuels begin to compete with bioethanol in the marketplace.
- Cassava and sweet sorghum are among the crops that will be used as bioethanol feedstocks in Africa and Asia.
- Western Europe emerges as a dominant consumer of biodiesel due to regional focus on diesel as more energy efficient transport fuel and compliance with the European Union biofuel directive.
- Supply constraints will leave European consumers no choice but to turn to exporters in South America and Asia to meet demand.