Global Information Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "World Roofing" by Freedonia Group.
A new report from the Freedonia Group projects global demand for roofing materials to climb 3.1% annually through 2014 to reach 11.1 billion square meters. Advances in this market will be driven by an increase in residential building construction activity, which will be fueled on two levels: by a rebound in spending in large developed world countries (i.e. the US and Japan) and by strong sales landscapes in a number of industrializing nations.
Key findings in this report:
- China, the largest roofing market in the world, will account for 35% of all additional demand through 2014.
- Lower-volume developing world markets (e.g. Turkey, India, Nigeria, Hungary, and Pakistan) will exhibit growth.
- Worldwide sales will be dominated by bituminous and tile (concrete and clay) products, which altogether account for more than 70% of total roofing demand.
- Concrete roofing tiles will show fastest market gains of any major product type through 2014.
- Asphalt shingle and plate suppliers will benefit from renewed strength in new single-family housing construction in the US and Canada.
2010 by The Freedonia Group, Inc.
|WORLD ROOFING DEMAND
(million square meters)
|% Annual Growth
|Roofing Demand ||8680||9530||11100||1.9||3.1
|Central & South America||445||515||600||3.0||3.1