Global Information Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Caps and Closures (US Market & Forecast)" by Freedonia Group.
Freedonias new report on the US caps and closures market projects that demand will increase 4 percent per year to reach $9.5 billion, or 275 billion units in 2014. Advances in this market will be supported by increasing use of more expensive dispensing closures and child-resistant closures (CRCs). Meanwhile the popularity of single-serving containers, particularly in the beverage market, along with further inroads by plastic containers in applications previously dominated by glass and metal containers will aid unit gains.
Key Trends in this Report:
- Plastic closures and caps comprise 79 percent of unit demand in 2009 and are forecast to post above-average unit and value gains.
- Decelerating gains reflect an already significant penetration of plastic containers in most markets.
- Metal cap and closure demand will experience moderate decline through 2014 due to further inroads by plastic containers and closures.
- Sluggish outlook for beer production (the dominant application for metal crowns) will also contribute to declining demand for metal caps and closures.
- Elastomer and rubber stoppers should experience the most rapid growth through 2013 based on increasing preferences for stoppers made from higher value-added elastomeric and synthetic rubber materials.
- Beverages remain the largest market for closures and caps.
- Pharmaceutical applications will post fastest gains through 2014.