Press Release

European Bauxite Mining Market Accounts for Over 8% of Global Reserves


May 31st, 2012

Global Information Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Bauxite Mining Market in Europe to 2020 - Market Characterized by Increased Regional Demand for Aluminum Backed by Significant Reserves" by GBI Research.

Modest Producer and Consumer of Bauxite

On a global scale, Europe is only a modest producer and consumer of bauxite. The regions bauxite production was an estimated at 7.6 million metric tons (MMt) in 2011 and is forecast to grow marginally at a Compound Annual Growth rate (CAGR) of 1.5% to reach 8.7 MMt during the forecast period 2012-2020. This growth is accredited to demand arising from the regions aluminum industry.

Europes bauxite consumption increased from 6 MMt in 2000 to an estimated 7.3 MMt in 2011. Bauxite consumption in Europe is expected to increase at a CAGR of 2% to reach approximately 9 MMt by 2020, due to rising demand from the Russian and Greek aluminum industries.

image1

Substantial Reserves

The substantial bauxite reserves in Europe are a strong indicator of the long-term potential for bauxite mining in Russia and Greece. In 2010, the region had approximately 2 billion metric tons of bauxite, representing 8.2% of global bauxite reserves. Russian reserves amounted to 1.4 MMt or 70% of regional reserves, while Greece accounted for the remaining 30% of regional reserves at the end of 2010.

GBI Researchs new report, Bauxite Mining Market in Europe to 2020  Market Characterized by Increased Regional Demand for Aluminum Backed by Significant Reserves provides key information and analysis of the European bauxite mining industry, which consists of Russia and Greece. The report covers the industrys drivers and restraints, production, reserves and consumption, and provides details of each countrys bauxite trade statistics (imports and exports).


Global Information Inc.(GII) - specializing in market research provision for the vertical industries, GII offers expert independent recommendations of publications from hundreds of the globe's leading market research firms.

Product Code : 241642