Global Information would like to present a new market research report, "Industry Outlook 2010 - Predictions and analysis for the challenging" by Informa Telecoms.
In the new 8th edition of our annual Industry Outlook report, we ve made 35 predictions across the spectrum of global sectors that we cover (mobile handsets & devices, mobile content & apps, mobile operator strategy, networks, broadband & Internet and television) and included a piece of thoughtful analysis from our Intelligence Centre alongside each one to support our predictions.
Selected key findings:
- Widgets will become the key to harnessing power of the mobile web.
- North American pay TV revenues will peak in 2010.
- Mobile LTE commercial launches will slip to 2013/2014 but LTE s role as a provider of rural broadband connectivity will gain momentum.
- IPTV operators will embrace over-the-top TV and open Internet apps.
- Network sharing and outsourcing will gain in popularity as the drive towards cost-control intensifies but the network itself will remain a key point of differentiation for operators.
- HDTV will reach tipping point but platforms still need to increase channels to win over subscribers.