Global Information Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Mobile Adult Content Trends, Drivers and Business Models 2012-2017" by Juniper Research.
Revenues from mobile adult subscriptions will reach nearly $1 billion by 2015, Juniper Research finds. This growth will be fuelled by rises in the smartphone and tablet user bases alongside an increase in the average spend per user despite increasing competition from free content.
The Rise of the Tablet Subscriber
A dramatic rise in the tablet user base will also drive the increase of subscription revenues; particularly as the majority of tablets will be in the very regions which have historically spent the most on adult subscriptions. Tablets offer users a more engaging experience as they are able to see content in more detail as well as see more options when browsing. Niche tastes will also continue to drive users towards subscription accounts.
Barriers to Growth
While revenues will grow significantly, the report also found that in emerging markets growth will be restricted by low smartphone take up and a lack of viable payment methods, such as credit card usage. In many cases, legal and social barriers will also inhibit the growth of mobile adult subscription revenues in these markets.
According to report author Charlotte Miller, Mobile adult subscriptions will be a growing source of mobile adult revenues. Niche content has always been a driver of paid adult content and this is no less true on mobile. While there has been a proliferation of free content, it remains that case that for specialised content, users must continue to pay.
Other key findings from the report include:
- North America and Western Europe with account for over 70% of total end-user mobile adult revenues.
- Adult Videochat users to more than triple by 2015 accounting for over half of mobile adult content revenues by 2015.
Key questions addressed in this report:
- 1. To what extent has free adult content impacted on revenue streams in the mobile adult industry?
- 2. What strategies are D2C adult sites employing to monetize their mobile traffic?
- 3. What are the prospects for operator adult revenues in a post-smartphone world?
- 4. How are tablets changing the mobile adult landscape?
- 5. Which mobile adult services are, and will be, the most lucrative?
- 6. What are the trends in the mobile adult content industry?
- 7. What business models are likely to predominate in mobile adult content?
- 8. Who are the major players across the mobile adult value chain?