Global Information, Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Physician Office Laboratory (POL) Testing Markets Worldwide: Status Quo and Future Trends" by Kalorama Information.
Sales to POLs are expected to gain $2 billion in market revenues this year. POL, or Physician Office Laboratory, is a diverse term that includes physician practices as small as one to five doctors conducting instant tests to large practices with over 200 physicians operating in laboratories. Typical tests routinely conducted in physician offices include: pregnancy tests, blood glucose, single-analyte hemoglobin, urinalysis, and fecal occult blood tests.
Most physician office laboratory tests are CLIA-waived, which means that tests can be conducted that are exempt from FDA regulatory procedures. However, most are simple tests using standardized equipment, hence making the possibility of error highly unlikely.
According to Shara Rosen, lead diagnostics analyst for Kalorama Information, "This is not surprising given the requirement and the tests that can be performed in non-waived facilities... A CLIA certificate costs $150 every two years; non-waived facilities may incur volume-related fees of up to several thousand dollars for the same time period."
Whats included in this 250-page report?
- The top POL-conducted tests and typical reimbursement level.
- POL test revenues by type of test between 2009 and 2014 for over 35 test segments.
- POL test revenues by region (i.e. Asia, Europe, US) from 2009 to 2014.
- Discussion of the regulatory environment for POLs in various regions and countries.
- Breakout number of POLS in the US by type (i.e. CLIA-waived v. non-waived)
- Comprehensive discussion of POL environments in top geographic markets.
- Profiles of the POL offerings for over 75 suppliers.