Global Information Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Too Early to Call: Five Mobile Giants" by Mercator Advisory Group, Inc..
Mobile payments and commerce transactions -- particularly the moves by leading entrants Google, PayPal, Isis, Facebook, and Apple -- are at the center of a wave of technical innovation, venture capital investment, and business model disruption. Despite all of that attention, most of these approaches are hardly revolutionary in their impact on the overall payments industry. Card network and ACH-based settlement remain firmly in place. That said, innovation where payments meet the customer -- the mobile device -- is shifting the relationship among consumers, merchants, card brands, and financial institutions.
According to George Peabody, report author and Director of Mercator Advisory Groups Emerging Technologies Advisory Service, "The impact of Internet and mobile-based competition on the payments industry is at an early stage. But it is changing as innovative approaches to engage the consumer shift brand awareness and revenue opportunities. Each of the mobile giants considered here has unique strengths and competitive capabilities."
Mercator Advisory Groups new report Too Early to Call: Five Mobile Giants introduces a straightforward method of evaluating payment innovation and provides a backdrop and forward-looking picture of payment industry evolution over the next five years. The report also examines the five mobile giants and their prospects against five criteria.
- Five criteria used to evaluate entities born out of the Internet and mobile communications revolutions
- The unique and overlapping capabilities Google, Isis, PayPal, Facebook, and Apple bring to the payments and commerce functions
- The effects of Googles overreliance and suggested strategies to provide more focused offering for merchants and issuers as well as expand its business-to-business offerings
- The potential means NFCs peer-to-peer (P2P) mode offers to go around the mobile network operators and the trusted service manager modelT
- The impact the five mobile giants of Google, Isis, PayPal, Facebook, and Apple will have on card brands and individual issuers.
One of 12 exhibits in this report:
Companies mentioned in this report include:Google, PayPal, Isis, Facebook, Apple, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Networks, InteliSpend, TxVia, Maritz, Blackhawk Networks,American Eagle Outfitters, Banana Republic, Bloomingdales, Macys, the Container Store, Foot Locker, Citi, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile USA, Home Depot, NCR, IBM, Fujitsu, MICROS, Square, National Retail Federation, Guess Jeans, PacSun, Chase, Barclaycard, Capital One, Gemalto, Zynga, HTC, Sony Ericsson, and Samsung.