Global Information, Inc. would like to present a new market research report, "Green Laser Market for Projection Devices" by Yole Developpement.
The Green Laser market will reach nearly $500 million and should represent more than 45 million devices by 2016. According to Yole Developpement, "the green laser market today is highly segmented in numerous niche applications from medical to military applications and laser shows. Those applications can work with existing Solid State Lasers or the more recent combinations of semiconductor lasers with non linear crystals (SHG: second Harmonic Generation)."
Key findings in this report:
- Pico-projectors are expected to drive the green laser market.
- HBLED and LED remain serious competitors. According to Yole Developpements study, "The capability of lasers to deliver bright images becomes less "unique" if the green and blue lasers from GaN based materials are not delivered in the expected target price, the market share for lasers could be limited to high end products."
- Laser-based systems will be implemented slowly in the cell phone market starting in late 2010 with high end mobile devices (e.g. Samsung "Android").
- Stand-alone projectors market is expected to "really take-off by 2010 with a sales volume in between 0.5 to 1 M units".
- Media player devices represent the perfect location for embedded pico-projectors with less size concerns and cost constraints in comparison to cell-phone market.
- Slow market penetration for laser-based technologies in the camera and camcorders market segment.
- Laptop market segment remains the most unclear for the green laser market, in terms of predicting consumer behavior.