We believe that device connections will increase more slowly than
previously anticipated, particularly in the energy and utility sectors.
Machine-to-machine (M2M) represents a strong growth market across various
industry segments. At the end of 2013, there will be 0.2 billion M2M device
connections worldwide. This will increase to 2.2 billion by 2023. Utilities is
the fastest-growing sector, which will account for 67% of overall M2M device
connections by 2023. This report presents the annual update to our forecast
for M2M connections.
The report provides:
- a detailed 10-year forecast, worldwide and for eight regions, of:
- M2M device connections
- M2M connectivity-related average revenue per connection (ARPC)
- M2M connectivity-related revenue.
- analysis of key forecast data for connections, revenue and ARPC
- a comparison of the trends in developed and emerging markets, and for
fixed and mobile M2M solutions
- a comparison of the latest forecast with our previous forecast
- recommendations for operators and vendors.
Forecast data for connections, ARPC and connectivity-related revenue is broken
- market type (developed and emerging)
- network type (mobile and fixed)
- enterprise size (SMEs and large enterprises/public sector).
Forecast data covers the following eight industry sectors and 24 M2M solutions
within those sectors:
- automotive and transport
- financial services
Data is provided for the following eight regions:
- Western Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe
- North America
- Latin America
- Developed Asia-Pacific
- Emerging Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa.