The global market for MIS devices and equipment was about $14.5 billion in 2013. This market reached about $15.4 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach $21.5 billion in 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% for the period 2014-2019.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for minimally invasive medical devices and instruments.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Historical and current volume and value data for shipments, specified by end user and geographic markets.
- Evaluation of demographic, economic, and other factors that will drive future demand for minimally invasive devices.
- Details concerning promising new surgical procedures and products still in the development and testing stage, and assessments of the probability that they will be commercialized successfully in the next five years.
- Analysis of the potential market for these developmental procedures and products, taking into account the estimated probability that they will be commercialized.
- A look at the structure of the minimally invasive surgical devices industry (e.g., market shares, concentration, and recent M&A activity).
SCOPE AND FORMAT OF REPORT
This report is an analytical business tool whose primary purpose is to describe the minimally invasive surgical devices industry and the U.S. market for these devices. The scope of the study does not include:
- Devices and instruments used exclusively for traditional open surgical procedures (e.g., heart-lung machines).
- Devices and equipment used exclusively in an ambulatory surgery setting.
- Equipment for nonsurgical types of therapy such as radiation therapy.
The format of the study is organized around the following topics:
- Major types and applications of minimally invasive surgical devices and instruments.
- Industry structure.
- Market size and segmentation, including historical data on sales by application, product type, end-user group and geographical market.
- Market drivers.
- Detailed market projections through 2019.
- Competition and market shares.
- Observations and conclusions regarding the future of minimally invasive surgical devices and instruments.