This report provides:
- An overview of the use of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) in global
- Analyses of global market trends, with historical data from 2010, 2011,
and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- A breakdown of market definition and technology growth, market dynamics,
drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges, and the competitive
- Market segmentation by products, including pressure sensors,
accelerometers, flow sensors, microphones, drug-delivery devices, gyroscopes,
- Discussion of research applications, diagnostics, home healthcare, and
- Comprehensive company profiles of key players in the industry.
GLOBAL MEMS DEVICES MARKET BY REGION, 2010-2017
Source: BCC Research
This study measures, forecasts and segments microelectromechanical system
(MEMS) devices in the medical market based on products and applications.
The key products captured in this study are as follows:
- Sensors (including pressure, inertial, optical and other sensors).
- Drug delivery systems.
- Microfluidic and lab-on-a-chip devices (for various applications such as
research, diagnostics, point-of-care devices and analytical diagnostics).
- The key applications covered in this study include the following:
- Research (including high throughput, genomics, proteomics, cellular
analysis and others).
- In vitro diagnostics (such as molecular, immunology biochemistry and
- Home healthcare.
- Medical devices (diagnosis and patient monitoring; and surgical and
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to assist industry participants in developing
business strategies, making key business decisions, and capitalizing on the
market positively or developing growth strategies after gaining market
Specifically, this study has the following objectives:
- To provide a comprehensive analysis of MEMS products and applications in
the medical market.
- To identify the dynamics of each key market and their relevant business
- To offer an analysis of key market developments.
- To provide market forecasting of products and applications.
- To highlight key market trends, drivers, restraints and opportunities.
- To provide key recommendations.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
There has been an increasing demand for and innovation in MEMS devices in the
medical industry due to several factors: their increasing applications in
healthcare; innovations, revolution and growth in the personal healthcare
market, including wireless implants; and an increasing awareness and
affordability of healthcare. However, a few constraints, such as high
development costs, regulatory challenges, and market needs for cost-effective
high-quality products, seem to dampen growth of the market. The aim of this
study is to present such issues that are driving and constraining market
growth, as well as present probable solutions that can address such concerns.
The study also highlights key market needs, such as the demand for products
with a very long life cycle. Moreover, the key forecasts provide a
quantitative assessment of the market, offering a clear indication of future
high growth areas.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report includes only those products and applications that are mentioned
The scope of this report includes the following information:
- Key market analyses.
- Strategic recommendations.
- Market dynamics (drivers, restraints and opportunities).
- Market estimates for a forecasted period of 2012 through 2017.
- Competitive developments and landscapes.
- Products under development.
- Profiles of key market players.
Himani Singhi Wadhwa has five years of business research and consulting
experience in healthcare, biotechnology and life sciences. She also holds a
postgraduate degree in business analysis and consulting from the U.K. Wadhwa
has been commissioned to produce several syndicated market and business
reports in the life sciences domain.