Dominate the stem cell product market by making smarter decisions, faster
Staying ahead of a hungry and fast moving pack of competitors requires the
very best market insights.
So let's get straight to the point.
We're offering you access to a sophisticated market intelligence report for
the stem cell research supply market.
Whether you already supply stem cell research products or you wish to expand
your product line, you'll know just how essential and lucrative this market
is. We know you want to make effective product development decisions, to sell
more effectively to scientists, to generate improved revenues and take market
share from your competition.
This report shows you how to do just that. Helping you understand the
prevailing market conditions and giving you guidance to strategically position
and develop stem cell product lines.
So when you choose our industry-leading market report, you'll be gaining a
competitive advantage in three core areas.
1. Understanding what your customers are thinking
A key component of this report is a survey of the very people you're creating
products for. The data gives you an intimate insight into the minds of over
400 research scientists - both domestic and international - working
specifically in the stem cell sector.
This expert market intelligence allows you to more profitably focus your
research and development budget. With a deeper understanding of the needs of
your customers, intelligent product development is the inevitable result. This
means you'll develop more successful products and minimize your unprofitable
And, with access to the latest stem cell product research, you'll be able to
take advantage of new opportunities before your competitors are even aware of
2. Market to these customers more effectively
Just as you can focus your R&D spending on products with the greatest
potential, so too can you ensure your marketing dollars work harder and
smarter. With the insights and depth of market data contained in this report
you can position your products to maximize revenue:
- Reduce your marketing spending
- Improve ROI for marketing dollars spent
- Increase response rates
By understanding the current and future needs of your customer base you can
focus your marketing efforts on the most profitable products, in the most
promising research areas and within the most lucrative domestic and
3. Outmaneuver your competition (that's the nice way to put it)
We're witnessing an explosion in the value of the stem cell market, and that
means more and more competitors for you.
As a forward-thinking leader, you're not satisfied with maintaining a piece of
this ballooning market - you want to dominate it. Of course, your competitors
are no different and they're planning to muscle you out of the game.
So sitting still will leave you behind. Our report allows you to do the
opposite: to take decisive action, to innovate and to lead.
So avoid the shrinking revenues and squeezed margins that come from increased
competition. Absorb this report and make decisions with confidence.
- Learn the key strengths of your competitors
- Intelligently position your products to fill gaps in the market
- Understand crucial trends to stay ahead of your competition.
Tracking stem cell market trends, so you don't have to
We have quantified and assessed the critical trends in the stem cell
marketplace, ensuring all information is up-to-date. This means you're able to
focus your product development and marketing activity in exactly the right
place to beat your competition. We compile and analyze data from a broad range
of sources, including:
- Stem cell grant funding
- Stem cell patents
- Stem cell publications
- Stem cell product launches
- New entrants to the market
- International surveys
Not only do we measure these trends, but we also break the data down by stem
We are loyal to the data and year on year invest heavily in the best data
mining and analysis tools. Couple this with our unrivaled knowledge of the
stem cell product marketplace, and this report is a road map to your success.
Why is this report different from others available?
It's quite simple. Our report does not look at the whole stem cell industry as
if it was one marketplace, a mistake that every other stem cell report makes.
As anyone working with stem cells knows, the stem cell market has two very
distinct parts: stem cell therapies (the clinical applications of stem cells
for medical purposes) and stem cell research products (the research tools and
reagents that are used by scientists).
It's the research products market you are interested in. So this entire report
is geared toward helping you achieve success in developing and marketing stem
cell research products.
What does this means for your business?
These industry insights will allow you to dramatically increase profits in the
stem cell sector. And you'll discover a game-changing focus in your marketing
and R&D budgets.
However, a word of warning: the report alone will not change your business.
But in the hands of a smart and innovative leader, this exclusive information
allows you to capture a larger slice of a highly profitable market. A market
that will only continue to grow.
The better the information you have, the better the decisions you'll make. So
instead of relying only on past performance indicators and incomplete market
data, gain the full picture of the stem cell product market through one
insightful and up-to-date source.
A market with a billion dollars “up for grabs”
The growth in research into stem cells has exploded in the past decade. And so
the market to supply stem cell research products has grown to meet this huge
- There are now over one million stem cell researchers in 179 countries
- There were 17 companies when we first started monitoring the stem cell
research products market in 2004. This has risen to 102 companies today, a
- The stem cell research products market (excluding stem cell antibodies)
was valued at $1.28 billion for the full year 2011 and is projected to
increase to $2.10 billion by 2016.
- The total market for all types of stem cell products - including stem cell
research products, stem cell antibodies, and stem cell therapies - was valued
at $5.72 billion for the full year 2011.
The potential of stem cell research in modern medicine is truly staggering.
And when the answers to some of our most challenging health problems are
within reach, you can be sure this market is only going to get bigger and more
attractive. This is a rapid growth industry.
Precision Valuations, by Market Segment
The report identifies, defines, and quantifies each market segment within the
stem cell product industry, including:
You can't accurately produce market valuations without characterizing each
segment of the stem cell product market. Our specialized knowledge of the
industry means you get accurate, precise valuations for every segment of the
market - including the ones that matter most to your business.
Why choose BioInformant to help you succeed?
We could use a lot of clever marketing to persuade you to buy our report. But
we know you're smarter than that. And, we simply believe the quality and value
of this report speaks for itself.
But just in case you were in doubt, you may like to know we're the only market
intelligence company that has specifically tracked the stem cell product
supply market since there was a market. We began tracking the stem cell
industry in 2004 and have been consulting on stem cell product strategy since
We have served nearly all of the leading research supply companies in the
industry, including Life Technologies, GE Biosciences, Beckman Coulter, BD
Biosciences, Thermo Fischer Scientific, Corning, Sigma Aldrich, Johnson &
Johnson, and many more.
We know the stem cell industry inside and out.
It means we understand the current and future product trends more intimately
than any other company. When we say we're a global leader in stem cell
industry data, you can be sure it's not marketing hype.
Put simply: we stay ahead of our competition, so you can stay ahead of yours.
Stem cells are primitive cells found in all multi-cellular organisms that are
characterized by self-renewal and the capacity to differentiate into any
mature cell type. Several broad categories of stem cells exist, including:
- Embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts
- Post-natal stem cells, derived from newborn tissues
- Adult stem cells, found in adult tissues - including Hematopoietic stem
cells, Mesenchymal stem cells, and Neural stem cells
- Induced pluripotent stem cells, reprogrammed from adult cells
- Cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that
form tumors or disperse in the body
- Animal stem cells, derived from non-human sources
Stem cells are still a relatively new discovery, as the first mouse embryonic
stem cells were derived from embryos in 1981, but it was not until 1995 that
the first successful culturing of embryonic stem cells from non-human primates
occurred and not until November 1998 a technique was developed to isolate and
grow embryonic stem cells from human blastocysts. In 2006, induced pluripotent
stem cells were produced for the first time from mouse cells and in 2007 there
were produced from human cells. Furthermore, it was not until 2008 that the
first full transplant of a human organ grown from adult stem cells was
performed (a section of trachea was successfully transplanted into an adult
woman in Spain).
The past 10 years have also witnessed the production of piPSCs, R-NSCs, and
VSELs. Together, this evidence suggests that additional types of stem cells
will likely be discovered, each representing new opportunities for research
product development. Clearly, laboratory research into stem cell derivation,
manipulation, and application is rapidly expanding.
To facilitate research resulting from these advances, a large and diverse stem
cells products market has emerged. Large companies selling stem cell research
products include Life Technologies, BD Biosciences, Thermo Fisher Scientific,
and EMD Millipore, as well as over one-hundred other suppliers.
ABOUT BIOINFORMANT WORLDWIDE, LLC
BioInformant is the global leader in stem cell industry data. As a specialty research company, we use technology to track and identify profitable opportunities in stem cell markets and provide this data to clients that require stem cell strategies. We serve two primary types of clients: research supply companies and cord blood banks.
We are the only market intelligence company that has specifically served the stem cell market since it emerged. Our singular focus on this industry and our historical knowledge of it makes us uniquely positioned to be your source of targeted, strategic information.
Our team of technology specialists, business analysts, and scientific experts produce data that enables decision-makers within stem cell companies to better understand their markets, competitors, and customers. Our clients succeed at developing high-demand products that bring customers to them instead of the competition.
Table of Contents
II. BACKGROUND: TYPES OF STEM CELLS
- A. Human Embryonic Stem Cells (hESCs)
- 1. Early, 5-7 days (totipotent)
- 2. Gonadal Ridge, 6 months (multipotent)
- B. Fetal Stem Cells (pluripotent)
- C. Umbilical Cord Stem Cells (multipotent)
- 1. Cord Blood
- 2. Cord Matrix (“Wharton's Jelly”)
- D. Dental Stem Cells (multipotent)
- E. Adult Stem Cells (multipotent)
- 1. Hematopoietic Stem Cells
- 2. Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- 3. Neural Stem Cells
- F. Cancer Stem Cells (multipotent)
- G. Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs)
- H. Novel (recently discovered and uncharacterized) Stem Cell Types
- 1. Neural Rosette Cells (R-NSCs)
- 2. Very Small Embryonic Like (VSEL) Stem Cells
III. STEM CELL RESEARCH APPLICATIONS
- A. Regenerative Medicine (Cell-Based Therapies)
- 1. Diabetes Mellitus
- 2. Cardiovascular Disease
- 3. Neurological Disease
- 4. Autoimmune Disease
- 5. Hematopoietic Disease and Transplantation Research
- 6. Orthopedic Repair
- 7. Cancer Research
- 8. Birth Defect Research
- B. Non Cell-Based Applications
- 1. Assays to Aid Early Stage Discovery
- 2. Improved Prediction of Human Responses
- 3. Drug Development with Humanized Mouse Models
- 4. Genetically-Engineered Stem Cell Lines for Screening
- 5. Pluripotent Stem Cell Lines for Target Validation and Drug Screening
- C. Birth Defect Research
IV. KEY MARKET COMPETITORS: PROVIDERS OF DIVERSE STEM CELL PRODUCT LINES
- A. Invitrogen Brand of Life Technologies (previously Invitrogen
- 1. Stem Cell Products
- a. Isolation and Characterization Products
- b. Expansion and Differentiation Products
- 2. Collaborations
- a. Invitrogen and Cellartis AB
- b. Invitrogen and Novocell
- c. Invitrogen and the Buck Institute
- B. BD Biosciences
- 1. Stem Cell Products
- a. Isolation
- b. Culturing
- c. Analysis
- 2. Collaborations: BD Biosciences and Stem Cell Technologies
- C. Comparison of Stem Cell Publication Rates: Invitrogen versus BD
V. PRODUCT AREAS
- A. Primary Antibodies
- B. Bead-based Cell Separations Systems
- C. Fluorescent-based Labeling and Detection
- D. Protein Purification and Analysis Tools
- 1. Protein Purification
- 2. Stem Cell Protein Analysis
- 3. Quantitative Proteomics
- E. DNA/RNA Based Characterization
- 1. Tools for DNA- and RNA-based Characterization
- 2. Stem Cell HLA Typing
- 3. Stem Cell Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification, PCR/qRT-PCR
- F. Isolation / Characterization Services
- 1. Stem Cell HLA Typing Services
- 2. Stem Cell Custom Services
- 3. Stem Cell Custom Antibodies
- G. Stem Cell Culture Media and Reagents
- H. Growth Factors and Cytokines
- I. Stem Cell Gene Regulation
- J. In vivo / In vitro Stem Cell Tracking
- K. Expansion / Differentiation Services
- 1. Stem Cell Media Services
- 2. RNAi Services
- L. Stem Cell Lines
VI. MARKET SIZE
- A. Definition: Stem Cell Research Products
- B. Experimental Approach
- C. Stem Cell Research Products, Market Size (in Millions)
- D. Stem Cell Antibodies, Market Size (in Millions)
- E. Stem Cell Therapies, Market Size (in Billions)
VII. CURRENT MARKET ASSESSMENT
- A. Breakdown of Research Segments by End-user Application
- 1. Basic Research
- 2. Applied Research
- a. Autologous and Allogeneic Cell Therapy
- b. Toxicology Screening for Drug Discovery and Development
- B. Breakdown of Stem Cell Research by Cell Type
- 1. Cord Blood Stem Cells
- 2. Dental Stem Cells
- 3. iPSCs
- C. Breakdown of Stem Cell Research by Species
- D. Publication Rate Analysis
- 1. Overview of Stem Cell Publication Rates
- 2. Comparative Analysis of Stem Cell Publication Trends
- E. Sources of Stem Cell Funding
- 1. Federal
- 2. State
- 3. Private
- F. Patent Analysis
- G. Geographical Analysis: Domestic vs. International Status
VIII. MARKET TRENDS: DETAILED END-USER SURVEY (SCIENTIST PANEL)
- A. Survey Overview
- B. Characterization of Market Survey Respondents
- 1. Geographic Distribution of Respondents
- 2. Respondent Breakdown by Industry Affiliation
- 3. Breakdown of Respondents by Duration of Stem Cell Activity
- C. Survey Findings
- 1. Breakdown of Stem Cell Research Activity by Cell Type
- 2. Dominant Stem Cell Markers
- 3. Market Penetration of Stem Cell Markers by Cell Type
- a. Human Embryonic Stem Cell (hESCs)
- b. Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSCs)
- c. Neural Stem Cells (NSCs)
- d. Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs)
- D. Preferred Providers of Stem Cell Antibodies
IX. MARKET FORECASTS
- A. Near-term (1-3yrs): Stem Cells as Tools for Drug Discovery
- B. Short-term (3-5yrs): Therapies Involving Cord Blood and Adult Stem Cells
- C. Long-Term (10yrs): Therapies involving hESCs
X. STRATEGIES FOR ACCESSING THE MARKETPLACE
- A. Top Research Institutions Performing Stem Cell Research
- 1. University of Wisconsin, including WARF, WiCell, and the WISC Bank
- 2. Johns Hopkins University
- 3. US National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- 4. California Institute for Regenerative Medicine
- B. Events of Interest
Stem Cell Research Products - Opportunities, Tools, and Technologies published by BIOINFORMANT WORLDWIDE, LLC in December 1, 2012. This report consists of 118 Pages and the price starts from US $ 3495.
The contents of this page may be different from the latest version. Please contact us for details.