Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Oils & Fats market face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the keys to effective targeting is knowing just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Oils & Fats market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
As Russia undergoes rapid development and population dynamics start to take effect, being able to capitalize early on the new emerging consumer behaviors will be fundamental to future growth. This makes early identification of the consumer groups and trends driving market behavior essential.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers' uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets - making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups - providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: the oils and solid fats markets.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
- Unique retailer choice and switching data as tracked by the survey are provided at the product category level for 2011.
Reasons To Buy
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the "size of the prize" when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- The top retailer dominates the Oils & Fats market in Russia with over 26.5% share by volume. No other retailer has a market share by volume in excess of 10%, with little separating the next five largest retailers. Oils & Fats markets tend to show little volume change, unless linked to strong demographic changes, indicating that gains in market share will likely be cannibalistic.
- Behavioral trends shape the Oils market, but have a limited effect in the Solid Fats market. Competition in the Solid Fats market will therefore be based strongly on price and the market will be large static.
- Branded products account for 98% of the market by volume in Oils and 74% in Solid Fats, with private label products having share of 2% share in Oils & a healthy 26% share in Solid Fats in Russia. This suggests retailers may increase investment in their Oils private label programs in order to grow their market share.