Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Soy Products market face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the keys to effective targeting is knowing just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Soy Products market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
As India undergoes rapid development and population dynamics start to take effect, being able to capitalize early on the new emerging consumer behaviors will be fundamental to future growth. This makes early identification of the consumer groups and trends driving market behavior essential, particularly in relatively new product categories such as Soy products.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers' uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets - making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups - providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: the Soy Desserts, Soy Drinks and Soy Milk markets.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
Reasons To Buy
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the "size of the prize" when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- More females consume Soy Desserts than males, though males tend to eat them slightly more often: 17% of males record Heavy or Medium consumption frequency compared with only 15% of females. The difference between the two genders is in the number of Light frequency users: 19% of females compared with 14% of males. Marketers should target this large number of female occasional consumers with marketing messages encouraging them to eat Soy Desserts more often.
- A significant "attitude-behavior" gap exists between the share of consumers citing that a trend affects their consumption and the actual share of the market value these trends influence. This is because consumers don't always act on these trends - the result is that overall trend influence is limited, but has the potential to grow. The limited impact of trends suggests that the market is largely functional, based on a core group of consumers who are lactose intolerant.
- Soy Milk is the most valuable category in the Soy Products market, with a 76% share of the market. The second-largest category, Soy Drinks, is almost twice the size of the third-largest category, Soy Desserts.