Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Meat market face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the keys to effective targeting is knowing just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Meat market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Fluctuating economic conditions are forcing Russian consumers to carefully evaluate their consumption of many CPG products, including Meat. While the country has recorded rapid growth in the past, and is expected to do so in the future, it has also been severely affected by the recent weak global economic conditions. This makes early identification of the consumer groups and trends driving market behavior essential.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers' uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets - making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups - providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: Ambient Meat, Cooked Meats - Counter, Cooked Meats -Packaged, Fresh Meat (counter),Frozen Meat, Raw Packaged Meat- Processed and Raw Packaged Meat-whole cuts.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
- Unique retailer choice and switching data as tracked by the survey are provided at the product category level for 2011.
Reasons To Buy
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the "size of the prize" when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- Not only do a large proportion of Russian consumers, in certain categories at least, highlight that specific consumer trends have an influence on their consumption, this translates into a significant proportion of actual value being directly influenced as well. Consumers are therefore acting on these trends enough to ensure that targeting them, in the right categories, is essential to success.
- The Personal Space and Time trend influences 28% of the value of the Frozen Meat market. This highlights the extent to which consumers value the ability to relax these products provide them with, with their long storage allowing consumers to cut down on the number of shopping visits they need to make.
- Fresh Meat (counter) is the most valuable category in the Meat market, over twice the size of the second-largest category, Cooked Meats - Counter. Ambient Meat is the smallest category, with a market share of 3%.