Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces market in Spain face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the keys to effective targeting are to know just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and to be able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Usage rates of product are lower amongst the younger age groups - and if these patterns continue while certain categories might benefit in general the overall market will face lower volume sales in the longer term. Marketers in these categories should seek to update their approaches and focus more specifically on consumer needs in order to prevent this potential threat to longer term sales.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers' uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets - making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups - providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: Bouillons & Stocks, Chutneys & Relishes, Condiments, Dips, Dressings, Dry Cooking Sauces, Herbs, Spices & Seasonings and Wet Cooking Sauces.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
- Unique retailer choice and switching data as tracked by the survey are provided at the product category level for 2011.
Reasons To Buy
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets.
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the "size of the prize" when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- Not only do a large proportion of Spanish consumers, in certain categories at least, highlight that Indulgence has an influence on their consumption, this translates into a significant proportion of actual value being directly influenced as well. Consumers are therefore acting on this trend enough to ensure that targeting it, in the right categories, is essential to success.
- Private Label products have a significant share of all categories within the Seasonings, Dressing & Sauces market in Spain, varying from almost 15% of Bouillons & Stocks to over half of the Dips market. There is still room for growth of Private Labels in most categories. Marketers of national brands in these markets need to ensure that they differentiate their products in order to prevent becoming a target for Private Label competition.
- The top retailer in Spain accounts for more than half the volume share of the Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces market. This concentrated market leaves manufacturers and producers low bargaining power with retailers.