Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Chinese Savory Snacks market face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the key to effective targeting is to know just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Savory Snacks market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Dramatic economic growth and the growing presence of western-style products in the market mean that there are significant opportunities in the Chinese Savory Snacks market to target. Knowing which areas offer the best addressable markets will be key, as will understanding the key Trends that consumers are acting on category by category.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers' uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets - making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups - providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: ethnic/traditional snacks, meat snacks, nuts & seeds, popcorn, potato chips, pretzels and processed snacks.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
- Unique retailer choice and switching data as tracked by the survey are provided at the product category level for 2011.
Reasons To Buy
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the "size of the prize" when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- In the leading two categories Branded products dominate the market, with comfortably over 85% share of volume sales in each. However, Brands are not having it all their own way, with Private Label having secured significant shares (in organized retail channels) in other categories. Brands should therefore be aware of this threat and take measures to prevent further loss of share to these products.
- Of all the categories Nuts & Seeds has the highest share of consumers stating that specific Consumer Trends affect their consumption. Consumers also act on these trends frequently, making this category highly trend orientated.
- In terms of organized retail sales at least, the leading retailers account for over half of the market. For new entrants into the market looking to build scale in organized channels, securing effective relationships with these retailers will therefore be crucial to future success.