Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Feminine Care market face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the keys to effective targeting is knowing just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends. This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the feminine care market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
As consumer confidence increases proportionally to economic recovery, consumer trends will be directly affected. Since the global financial crisis of 2008-2009 the retail market has been characterized by an increased amount of discount and own-brand products. Most Feminine Care products such as Sanitary Pads, Internal Cleansers, Pantiliners and Shields, Tampons and Disposable Razors and Blades are considered essential items and therefore consumption patterns have not been comparatively affected. As economic and market recovery continues over 2012, consumption patterns will record a positive trend in both the Medium and Heavy frequency bands and the amount of Non-users should decrease.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers' uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets - making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial. The data in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examine the share of sales across over 26 consumer groups - providing a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
- Detailed category coverage is provided, covering the Sanitary Pads, Internal Cleansers, Pantiliners and Shields, Tampons and Disposable Razors and Blades markets.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
Reasons To Buy
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the "size of the prize" when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- Sanitary Pads have the largest value share. Market valuation reveals that sanitary pads account for approximately half of the total sales of Feminine Products in India. Women's Disposable Razors and Blades is the second-largest sales category followed by Internal Cleansers and Pantiliners and Shields. New companies willing to venture into the Indian Feminine Care market are likely to plan a product mix accordingly.
- Private label penetration is insignificant for majority of feminine care products in India. Brand data analysis reveals that private labels have less than a 5% share in the Sanitary Pads, Pantiliners and Shields and Women's Disposable Razors and Blades categories. Private label's presence is highest among Internal Cleansers, with a 20% share.
- Changing lifestyles and Changing age structures are the key market drivers in the sanitary pads market in India. Behavioral trend analysis reveals that age structures and the changing lifestyles of modern day Indian women are the key drivers of sanitary pad sales. As an increasing number of Indian women pursue work, the demand for feminine care products is on the rise.