|Production and Market of Sucralose in China
|Published: March 22, 2013
||From USD 7020
After years of development and experiencing the famous 337 patent lawsuit,
China has become one of the world's most important production countries of
sucralose. In the past few years, China's sucralose production has been
expanding rapidly attracted by the world's growing demand. Many producers
expanded their sucralose capacity and several new producers joint the
production in recent years. What's more, the future expansion of sucralose
production is estimated to be even faster than before. With expanding capacity
and an increasing number of producers, competition in China's sucralose market
is becoming increasingly intense. What has happened in the sucralose market?
How is the current competition structure of sucralose in China? Who are the
leading producers? How about the future expansion plans of sucralose in China?
Along with the fast expansion of sucralose capacity, what is the future
relationship between supply and demand in the sucralose market? What kind of
production technology is adopted in the production? How about the technical
level and production cost? Which producers have their own sucralose production
With relatively low price and improving product quality, China's export volume
of sucralose has been increasing rapidly in the past few years. China's
sucralose industry depends heavily on the demand from overseas market, and the
export volume accounts for about 82.65% of China's total sucralose output in
2012. Where are the export destinations of Chinese sucralose? Which country's
demand for Chinese sucralose has been the fastest-growing in the past few
years? How does China's export price of sucralose change?
Though the application of sucralose is not quite wide in China yet due to its
relatively high price over other sweeteners and limited promotion done by
producers, the consumption of sucralose grows fast in China attributed to
developing downstream industries and people's rising recognition of healthy
low-sugar foods. How do sucralose's downstream industries develop in China?
What is the current consumption pattern of sucralose in China? What is the
Besides the aspects mentioned above, what other changes in sucralose industry
can be seen from 2011 to 2012? What will be the development trend of sucralose
industry in China? You can find the answers in this report.
This report combines CCM's expertise in sucralose market research.
Highlights of this report are as follows:
- Introduction to capacity and output
- New projects for sucralose production in recent years
- Production cost of sucralose
- Import and export situation of sucralose in China
- Detailed description on sucralose's consumption pattern, market size and
- Forecast on future development of sucralose industry in China
- SWOT analysis of China's sucralose industry and major producers
After several years of development and experiencing the famous 337 patent
lawsuit, China has become one of the world's most important sucralose
producting countries, exporting almost XXX% of its sucralose output to the
overseas market. By the end of 2012, there were XXX active and XXX idle
sucralose producers in China, with a total capacity of XXXt/a; the sucralose
output witnessed a XXX% rise over 2011 thanks to an increasing demand from the
overseas market and a lower price of Chinese sucralose over the foreign
product. In 2012, China's sucralose production was mainly concentrated in
Jiangsu, Fujian, Shandong, Jiangxi, etc. In the coming few years, the
production expansion will continue and the total capacity will be XXXt/a in
2017, which will change the production distribution greatly.
There are four major raw materials included in the sucralose production:
sucrose, methanol, N,N-dimethylformamide and chlorine. Since their supply is
ample enough to meet the demand from sucralose production, the price change of
these four raw materials is the major influencing factor for sucralose's
There are two production pathways to synthesize sucralose, namely the chemical
pathway and the biological pathway. All the Chinese sucralose producers adopt
a mature chemical pathway for their production and most of them have
registered production patents on the sucralose production. The biological
pathway is hard to be applied industrially due to its high production cost and
complicated refinery process. Thus, none of Chinese producer uses this method
for the sucralose production. The monoester synthesis method and the hologroup
protected synthesis method are the two chemical pathways for sucralose
production in China; the latter is unwelcomed among Chinese producers because
of its high requirements of facilities and complicated process.
In 2008-2012, China's sucralose consumption has grown fast from XXX tonnes to
XXX tonnes. Though the application is still limited by now compared with that
of developed countries, the domestic market prospect of sucralose is estimated
to be promising. The domestic consumption of sucralose will enter a stable
development period in coming five years. Foods and beverages are the major end
users of sucralose in China. In the food industry, seasoning is its largest
consumption field, while in the beverage industry, liquid milk & milk
beverage, carbonated beverage, juice beverage and functional beverage are the
top four consumption fields. Moreover, sucralose can be also used in
pharmaceuticals and other products.
With a relatively low price and improving quality, China's sucralose export
has been growing fast in the past few years and the overseas market is quite
important for China's sucralose industry. In 2012, the export volume of
domestic sucralose was about XXX tonnes, which is about XXX times more than
that in 2011 and accounts for about XXX% of the total sucralose output in
China. The top three export destinations of Chinese sucralose are the US, the
Netherlands and the UK, which accounted for over XXX% of China's total export
volume in 2012. JK Sucralose, Changzhou Niutang and Ji'an New are the top
three producers of Chinese sucralose, and they produced nearly XXX% of China's
total sucralose export volume in 2012.
XXX Commercial in Confidence.
Figure 2.2.1-1: Sucralose production in China, 2008-2012
About Guangzhou CCM Information Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
With deep domain knowledge and professional experience, CCM has been dedicated to providing high quality Market Data and Primary Intelligence across different industries.
CCM providing services include database, Report, Newsletter, Import/Export Analysis, Price Monitoring, etc. In addition, CCM provides customized research and consultancy service to suit your business and help you with your business' growth.
China's market research industry is emerging nowadays. By following market trend and making a stable development, CCM became a leader in Chinese market research consulting industry.
Table of Contents
Introduction and methodology
- 1-1. Brief introduction to sucralose
- 1-2. Historic development of sucralose in China
- 1-3. Regulatory issues
2. Production of sucralose in China
- 2-1. Overview of high intensity sweeteners' production in China
- 2-2. Production
- 2-2-1. Production situation of sucralose in China
- 2-2-2. Major producers of sucralose
- 2-2-3. New projects for sucralose production
- 2-2-4. Domestic price of sucralose
- 2-3. Raw material supply
- 2-3-1. Sucrose
- 2-3-2. Methanol
- 2-3-3. N,N-dimethylformamide
- 2-3-4. Chlorine
- 2-4. Production technology
- 2-4-1. Production pathway
- 2-4-1-1. Chemical pathway
- 2-4-1-2. Biological pathway
- 2-4-2. Production cost
- 2-4-3. Sucralose patent analysis
3. Consumption of sucralose in China
- 3-1. Overview of high intensity sweeteners' consumption
- 3-2. Overview of sucralose consumption, 2012
- 3-3. Sucralose consumption in various industries
- 3-3-1. Beverage industry
- 3-3-2. Food industry
- 3-3-3. Pharmaceutical industry
- 3-3-4. Others
4. Import and export of sucralose in China in 2012
- 4-1. Import situation
- 4-2. Export situation
5. Forecast on development of sucralose industry in China in 2013-2017
- 5-1. Drivers and barriers
- 5-1-1. Drivers
- 5-1-2. Barriers
- 5-2. Forecast on sucralose supply and demand in China in 2013-2017
6. SWOT analysis
- 6-1. SWOT analysis of China's sucralose industry
- 6-2. SWOT analysis of the top three producers
7. Conclusion and opportunities
8. Profiles of key Chinese sucralose producers
- 8-1. JK Sucralose Inc.
- 8-2. Changzhou Niutang Chemical Plant Co., Ltd.
- 8-3. Techno (Fujian) Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- 8-4. Unitech Sweet (Zibo) Co., Ltd.
- 8-5. Xiamen Boao Technology Co., Ltd.
- 8-6. Ji'an New Trend Technology Co., Ltd.
- 8-7. Jiangsu Jubang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 8-8. Beijing VitaSweet Co., Ltd.
- 8-9. Guangdong L&P Food Ingredient Co., Ltd.
- 8-10. Jiangxi Bentian Food Technology Co., Ltd.
- 8-11. Hubei Yitai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 8-12. Changzhou Kaile Biochemical Technology Co., Ltd.
List of Tables:
- Table 1.1-1. Comparison among sucralose and other high intensity sweeteners
- Table 2.1-1. Production situation of HIS in China, 2009-2012e
- Table 2.1-2. Unit sweetness price of some kinds of HIS used in China, Feb.
- Table 2.2.2-1. Basic information of major sucralose producers in China,
- Table 2.2.2-2. Production situation of major sucralose producers in China,
Jan. 2008-Feb. 2013
- Table 2.2.3-1. New sucralose projects in China as of Feb. 2013
- Table 2.2.4-1. Quotations of some sucralose producers in China, Feb. 2012
& Feb. 2013
- Table 2.4.1-1. Comparison between the chemical pathway and the biological
pathway for the sucralose production
- Table 2.4.2-1. Raw material cost structure of the sucralose production,
- Table 2.4.2-2. Manufacturing cost structure of sucralose production, March
- Table 2.4.2-3. Total cost structure of sucralose production, March 2013
- Table 2.4.3-1. Major sucralose patents of Chinese producers, 2003-2012
- Table 3.1-1. Consumption pattern of HIS used in China, 2012
- Table 3.1-2. Consumption volume of HIS used in China, 2012
- Table 3.2-1. Major consumption fields of sucralose in China, 2012
- Table 4.2-1. Export situation of sucralose in China, 2006-2012
- Table 4.2-2. Export situation of sucralose in China, 2012
- Table 4.2-3. Export destinations of Chinese sucralose, 2012
- Table 4.2-4. Export situation of sucralose producers in China, 2012
- Table 4.2-5. Export situation of sucralose exporters in China, 2012
- Table 6.2-1. SWOT analysis of JK Sucralose
- Table 6.2-2. SWOT analysis of Changzhou Niutang
- Table 6.2-3. SWOT analysis of Fujian Techno
- Table 8.1-1. Production and sales of sucralose in JK Sucralose, 2009-Feb.
- Table 8.2-1. Production and sales of sucralose in Changzhou Niutang,
- Table 8.3-1. Production and sales of sucralose of Fujian Techno, 2010-2012
- Table 8.4-1. Production and sales of sucralose in Zibo Unitech, 2009-Feb.
- Table 8.5-1. Production of sucralose of Xiamen Boao, 2009-2012
- Table 8.6-1. Production and sales of sucralose in Ji'an New Trend,
- Table 8.7-1. Production and sales of sucralose of Jiangsu Jubang,
- Table 8.8-1. Production and sales of sucralose of Beijing VitaSweet,
- Table 8.9-1. Production and sales of sucralose of Guangdong L&P, 2009-2012
- Table 8.10-1. Production and sales of sucralose of Jiangxi Bentian,
- Table 8.11-1. Production and sales of sucralose of Hubei Yitai, 2009-Feb.
- Table 8.12-1. Production of sucralose of Changzhou Kaile, 2009-2012
List of Figures:
- Figure 1.1-1. Molecule of sucralose
- Figure 2.2.1-1. Sucralose production in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 2.2.1-2. Distribution of production of sucralose in China, 2012
- Figure 2.2.4-1. Average ex-factory price of sucralose in China, 2005-2012
- Figure 2.3.1-1. Sucrose production situation in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 2.3.1-2. Sucrose's average market price in China, Jan. 2008-Jan.
- Figure 2.3.2-1. Methanol production situation in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 2.3.2-2. Methanol's average ex-factory price in China, 2006-2012
- Figure 2.3.3-1. DMF production situation in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 2.3.3-2. DMF's average ex-factory price in China, 2007-2012
- Figure 2.3.4-1. Chlorine production situation in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 2.3.4-2. Chlorine's average ex-factory price in China, 2007-2012
- Figure 188.8.131.52-1. Basic flowchart of the monoester synthesis method
- Figure 184.108.40.206-2. Flowchart of the hologroup protected synthesis method
- Figure 220.127.116.11-1. Flowchart of the enzymatic hydrolysis method
- Figure 18.104.22.168-2. Flowchart of the chemical-enzyme synthesis method
- Figure 3.2-1. Sucralose consumption pattern by volume in China, 2012
- Figure 3.3.1-1. Sucralose consumption in liquid milk and milk beverage in
- Figure 3.3.1-2. Milk beverage production situation in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 3.3.1-3. Sucralose consumption in carbonated beverage in China,
- Figure 3.3.1-4. Carbonated beverage production situation in China,
- Figure 3.3.1-5. Sucralose consumption in juice beverage in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 3.3.1-6. Juice beverage production situation in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 3.3.2-1. Sucralose consumption in seasonings, 2008-2012
- Figure 3.3.2-2. Soy sauce production situation in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 3.3.2-3. Sucralose consumption in gum and candy in China, 2008-2012
- Figure 5.2-1. Forecast on capacity and output of sucralose in China,
- Figure 5.2-2. Forecast on the output pattern of sucralose in China,
- Figure 5.2-3. Forecast on the sucralose consumption in China, 2013-2017,
- Figure 5.2-4. Forecast on the consumption pattern of sucralose in China by
- Figure 6.1-1. SWOT analysis of China's sucralose industry
Production and Market of Sucralose in China published by Guangzhou CCM Information Science & Technology Co., Ltd. in March 22, 2013. This report consists of 71 Pages and the price starts from US $ 7020.
The contents of this page may be different from the latest version. Please contact us for details.