Blood products are made through separating and purifying various proteins in plasmas and they are mainly composed of four categories, the albumin, immunoglobulin, blood coagulation factors and other minorities. Chinese enterprises mainly produce nine kinds of products in the first three categories.
The market concentration of global blood products is very high. Blood products of five enterprises in developed countries totally account for 80% to 85% of the market share. In 2011, the global plasma input volume was 32,799 tons and the market scale reached USD 16.3 billion, with an increase of 9.2% YOY. At present, the global blood market relatively keeps steady and emerging economies are the main growing force.
The supervision on China's blood product industry is very strict; the barriers to entry are high and the import of the majority of blood products is restricted. By May, 2012, there were 23 regular blood product manufacturers in China; the plasma input volumes were not big and the market concentration was low. In 2011, the plasma input volume of China's blood product enterprises was 3,620 tons in total, with an increase of 10.3% over 2010; the market scale was CNY 11.2 billion, with a rapid increase of 22.17% YOY. Because the output of Chinese blood products is far less than the domestic demand, the competition is not intensive.
According to the market research by CRI, Chinese blood products are in short supply currently. Manufacturers are generally without stocks and products are always ordered in advance. Due to the low utilization of production capacity, the majority of Chinese blood products enterprises all have no productivity expansion plans recently. In addition, because the demand exceeds the supply, the actual price of blood products in Chinese market is possibly far higher than the maximum limit price set by the government. Therefore, the margin of the industry is very high.
It is expected that the Chinese government's examination and approval for plasma stations will be loosened in the future. Therefore, the market scale, plasma input volume and authorized volume will constantly increase. Moreover, the output increase will be digested by the powerful future demand. Consequently, the market competition in the future years is not fierce either.
In the short term, the competitiveness of enterprises on China's blood product market is mainly determined by the ownership number of plasma resources in recent years. Currently, under the situation that the source plasma is constantly in short supply, owning more plasma stations and source plasmas can bring blood product manufacturers more survival and development space.
In the long term, the competitiveness of blood product enterprises is mainly presented in the R&D and sales ability. In three to five years, when the short supply of Chinese source plasmas is relieved, enterprises with strong R&D and sales abilities as well as perfect product lines can be victorious in the competition.
Currently, overseas blood product enterprises can enter Chinese market with two methods: firstly, they can directly export products to China; secondly, they can indirectly enter Chinese market by stock acquisition and so on.
The report is composed on the basis of an in-depth market research by China Research and Intelligence.
More following information can be acquired through this report:
- Current Situation of Global Blood Product Industry
- Development Course and Current Situation of China's Blood Product Industry
- Government Policies Faced by Chinese Blood Product Industry
- Current Situation of Subdivision Products of China's Blood Products
- Market Competition of China's Blood Product Industry
- China's Major Blood Products Enterprises and the Operations
- Development Trend of Blood Products Industry
Following people are recommended to buy this report:
- Blood Product Manufacturers
- Blood Product Supervision Institutions
- Medical Machinery Manufacturers
- Blood Product Trade Enterprises
- Investors and Research Institutions Focusing on Blood Product Industry
Table of Contents
1. Overview on China's Blood Product Industry
- 1.1. Definition of Blood Products
- 1.2. Characteristics of Blood Products
- 1.3. Classifications of Blood Products
- 1.3.1. Albumin
- 1.3.2. Immunoglobulin
- 1.3.3. Blood Coagulation Factors
- 1.3.4. Others
- 1.4. Government Policies of Blood Products
- 1.4.1. Government Administrative Departments
- 1.4.2. Government Policies on Establishment of Enterprises
- 1.4.3. Government Policies of Source Plasma Collection
- 1.4.4. Government Policies of Blood Product Production
- 1.4.5. Government Policies of Blood Product Circulation
- 1.5. China's Blood Product Industry
- 1.5.1. Current Situation
- 1.5.2. Characteristics
2. Overview on Global Blood Product Industry
- 2.1. General Situation
- 2.1.1. Development Course
- 2.1.2. Competition Situation
- 2.1.3. Supply
- 2.1.4. Demand
- 2.2. Analysis on Global Major Blood Product Enterprises
- 2.2.1. Baxter International
- 2.2.2. CSL Behring
- 2.2.3. Grifols SA
3. Analysis on Demand and Supply of China's Blood Products Industry
- 3.1. Development Course
- 3.2. Market Access Barriers
- 3.2.1. Policy Barrier
- 3.2.2. Plasma Source Barrier
- 3.2.3. Technology and Quality Controlling Ability Barriers
- 3.3. Supply
- 3.3.1. Overview on Production
- 3.3.2. List of China's Blood Product Manufacturers
- 3.3.3. Albumin Products
- 3.3.4. Immunoglobulin Products
- 3.3.5. Blood Coagulation Factor Products
- 3.4. Demand
- 3.4.1. Albumin
- 3.4.2. Immunoglobulin
- 3.4.3. Blood Coagulation Factors
4. Top 5 Enterprises of China's Blood Products Industry
- 4.1. China National Biotec Group (CNBG)
- 4.2. Hualan Biological Engineering Inc.
- 4.3. Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd.
- 4.4. Shanghai RAAS Blood Products Co., Ltd.
- 4.5. Sichuan Yuanda Shuyang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
5. Prediction on Development of China's Blood Products Industry, 2012-2016
- 5.1. Prediction on Supply
- 5.1.1. Prediction on Plasma Input Volume
- 5.1.2. Prediction on Authorized Volumes
- 5.1.3 Prediction on Productivity Expansion
(Note: Bio-products should be authorized by the administrative department before sold on market in China. So "authorized volume" here refer to the product volume approved to market.)
- 5.2. Prediction on Demand
- 5.2.1. Prediction on Demand Trend
- 5.2.2. Prediction on Market Scale
- 5.3. Prediction on Market Competition
- 5.3.1. Prediction on Hot Products
- 5.3.2. Prediction on Competition Patterns
- Chart: Functions and Varieties of Common Blood Coagulation Factors
- Chart: Major Policies and Influence of China's Blood Products Industry Since 1985
- Chart: Top 5 Global Blood Products Enterprises, 2011
- Chart: Plasma Input Volume of Global Blood Products with Prediction, 2007-2016
- Chart: Market Scale of Global Blood Products with Prediction, 2007-2016
- Chart: Sales Scale of Grifols Blood Products, 2010-2011
- Chart: China's Blood Product Manufacturers
- Chart: Authorized Volume of China's Albumin Blood Products, 2007-2011
- Chart: Authorized Volume of China's Blood Coagulation Factor Blood Products, 2007-2011
- Chart: Market Scale of China's Blood Products, 2007-2011
- Chart: Subdivision of China's Blood Products Market, 2011
- Chart: Major Products of China National Biotec Group (CNBG)
- Chart: Plasma Input Volume of China National Biotec Group (CNBG), 2009-2011
- Chart: Plasma Input Volume of Hualan Biological Engineering Inc., 2009-2011
- Chart: New Approved Plasma Collection Stations in China' Since 2009
- Chart: Prediction on China's Plasma Input Volume, 2012-2016
- Chart: Comparison in Annual Consumption Per Capita of Blood Products Between Developed Countries and China, 2011
- Chart: Prediction on Market Scale of China's Blood Products, 2012-2016
- Chart: Prediction on Market Scale of China's Albumin Products, 2012-2016
- Chart: Prediction on Market Scale of Blood Coagulation Factor Products, 2012-2016
Research Report on China's Blood Product Industry, 2012 published by China Research and Intelligence in June 1, 2012. This report consists of Pages: 70 and the price starts from US $ 3000.