Summary: Highlights of this Report
CSIL Market Research The office furniture market in Brazil provides
office furniture market size, trends in office furniture production and
consumption, office furniture imports and exports. 2010-2011 official data and
2012 estimates, based on market growth till September 2012.
Office furniture production is reported by segment (office seating, operative
desks, executive furniture, office storage, wall to wall units). Office
furniture imports and exports are broken down by country and geographical area
The research is enriched by an in-depth analysis of the competitive system in
terms of company dimension, manufacturing locations and product breakdown.
Figures on sales and estimates on market shares of the top 50 office furniture
manufacturers operating in Brazil are also available (total office furniture
production and segments: seating, operative desks, executive furniture,
storage, wall to wall units).
About 50 short company profiles for major office furniture manufacturers are
An analysis of the market potential focuses on construction sector and office
spaces evolution, Brazilian richest cities, luxury retail location and trends
in the hospitality sector.
About 124 addresses of key players (both manufacturers and architectural
companies) are included.
The study has been carried out involving direct interviews with over 60 sector
firms and distributors operating on the Brazilian market. Most of the
interviews have been carried out in Sao Paulo, Bento Gonçalves, Rio de
Brazil. Number of office furniture brands distributed in a sample of specialist dealers..
The office furniture production in Brazil reached US$ 2,132 million in 2012 at
factory prices (4,023 million Reais).
Export values represent just 1% of office furniture production. On the other
hand imports are steadily increasing (+13% on the basis of half year 2012).
Import represents just 3% of domestic consumption due to the high level of
import duties on finished products.
Top 40 office furniture manufacturers hold 39% of the Brazilian market and 42%
in 2012. A growing market share is registered for (in alphabetical order)
Alberflex, ArtLine, Bortolini, Cavaletti, Giroflex, Marelli, Todeschini, Voko.
Brazilian consumption of office furniture, looked at Local Currency Unit
(Real), increased by 15% in 2011 and 10% in 2012.
Meaning +5% in real terms (excluding the inflation effect). Office furniture
manufacturers operate in the domestic market through licensed/franchised
partners (less than 40 showrooms in average) of through independent dealers
(more than 300 independent stores in average).
Table of Contents
Table of Contents and selected companies mentioned
Research field and methodology
1. Market overview
- 1.1 The office furniture sector: basic data
- Production, consumption, exports and imports over the period 2007-2012.
Values and percentage change
- 1.2 International trade
- Exports and Imports of office furniture by country and by geographical
area of origin/destination, 2006-2012
- Exports and Imports of office furniture (excluding seating) by country
and by geographical area of origin/destination, 2006-2012
- Exports and Imports of office furniture seating by country and by
geographical area of origin/destination, 2006-2012
- 1.3 Driving forces for understanding the evolution of the market
- 1.4 Market shares
- Brazil. Office furniture. Major companiesç shares of total country
consumption, 2010-2012 (estimate). Percentages
2. The competitive system
- 2.1 Product segments and market shares
- Brazil. Office furniture. Breakdown of consumption by product segments,
2010-2012. Percentage shares
- Seating, Desking, Executive furniture, Storage and archiving systems
- Sales and market shares in a sample of companies, 2010-2012
- 3.1 Trend
- Brazil. Office furniture. Distribution channels, 2010-2012. Values in
million US$ and percentages
- Brazil. Number of brands distributed in a sample* of specialist dealers,
2012 Percentage shares
- Brazil. Brands distributed/licensed in a sample of manufacturers.
- 3.2 Competitive system by distribution channel: Direct sales, Architects
and specialist dealers/showrooms
- Sales in a sample of leading companies, 2012. Million US$ and percentages
- 3.3 Prices
- Average list prices by product segment (seating, desk, drawers,
cabinets, bookcases) and by distribution channel (architects, large
surfaces, specialists), 2012. Reais
4 Office furniture demand
Annex 1: Imports and Exports procedures
Annex 2: Hospitality sector
Brazil. Breakdown of hotel supply by category, 2010. Percentage values Brazil.
Hotel chains operating in the market. Brazil. Main architectural companies
working in the hospitality market.
Annex 3: An office related segment: commercial lighting fixtures in Brazil
- Brazil. Lighting Fixtures. Sales among the major players. US$ million and
Appendix 1: List main architectural companies
Appendix 2: Addresses of office furniture manufacturers:
Selected companies mentioned:
The office furniture market in Brazil published by Csil Centre for Industrial Studies in April 19, 2013. This report price starts from US $ 2111.
The contents of this page may be different from the latest version. Please contact us for details.