The European outdoor furniture market offers interesting opportunities both in
the residential and contract segment. Over recent years, the growing need of
nature and the desire to spend more time outdoors among European consumers
have resulted in an increasing willingness of spending money in the garden
sector. Over last decade, in fact, the outdoor furniture sector grew
relatively faster than the furniture market. The market is satisfied by
leading European outdoor furniture producers and by imports, mainly coming
from Asia. Product offer is varied and investments in materials innovation and
in the design field are key elements for the success of companies competing in
Breakdown of outdoor furniture consumption by country
Summary: Highlights of this Report
The report offers a comprehensive picture of the outdoor furniture industry
for ten European countries, analyzing the sector performance, product trends,
type of destination, distribution channels, the competitive system and its
The report offers data on production, exports, imports, consumption of outdoor
furniture by country.
For each country imports and exports of outdoor furniture are broken down by
country and geographical area of origin/destination.
An overview of product trends (materials, colours..) and of the distribution
system is also provided for each country, with sales broken down by
distribution channel for selected countries. A list of outdoor furniture
distributors is also included for each country.
Short profiles with addresses of over 100 outdoor furniture manufacturers and
importers are provided for each country.
The countries covered are: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy,
the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom.
Products covered include: seats, tables, benches, garden sofas, sun loungers,
garden armchairs, swing seats etc.
Product destination: household and contract segment including "street
contract" (restaurants, bars, cafes) and hotels, wellness hotels, communities.
Table of Contents
Introduction and methodology
- Methodological notes on statistical data
- Product terminology
PART I - GENERAL PICTURE
Europe: 10 countries considered
- Basic data
- Production, consumption and international trade of outdoor furniture and
total furniture, 2005-2011. Comparison with selected economic indicators.
Million Eur and annual percentage changes
- Product trends
- Materials, Colours, High end outdoor furniture market
- Types of product
- Consumer market, Contract
- The competitive system
- Leading European outdoor furniture manufacturers, location and type of
material mainly used for outdoor furniture
PART II - ANALYSIS BY COUNTRY: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Production, consumption and international trade of outdoor furniture,
2005-2011. Comparison with selected economic indicators. Million Eur and
annual percentage changes
- Outdoor furniture exports, production and exports/production ratio,
2005-2011. Million Eur
- Outdoor furniture. Main export partners, 2005 and 2010. Percentage shares
- Outdoor furniture. Breakdown of furniture exports by area, 2010
- Outdoor furniture imports, consumption and imports/consumption ratio,
2005-2011. Million Eur
- Outdoor furniture. Main import partners, 2005 and 2010. Percentage shares
- Outdoor furniture. Breakdown of furniture imports by area, 2010
Demand Indicators and Distribution
Selection of leading companies
- Short profiles of leading companies in the outdoor furniture segment
Selected companies mentioned:
- Dedon, Emu, Fermob, Fischer Moebel, Grosfillex, Hartman, Kettal Group,
Royal Botania, Scancom International, UnoPiù
The European Market for outdoor furniture published by Csil Centre for Industrial Studies in February 29, 2012. This report consists of 185 Pages and the price starts from US $ 2902.
The contents of this page may be different from the latest version. Please contact us for details.