Based on Datamonitor' s market data and insight into the country' s leading fuel
retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the service
station retailing market. In addition to outlining site numbers, fuel sales,
competitor shares, c-store, car wash and automatic network data, it also
details retailers' fuels, c-store, car wash and card product offerings.
Scope of this research
- Data and analysis based on an annual programme of research with national
service station retailers and delivered in a useable presentation format.
- A country synopsis followed by a market examination of fuel demand and
value, total service stations and vehicle numbers for 5 years to January 2009.
- A review of the competitive landscape including fuel sales by service
station brand, motorway and unmanned formats and shop and car wash information.
- Insight into the main competitors' propositions for fuels, c-store, food
service, cards and car wash as well as ownership and network expansion plans.
Research and analysis highlights
Despite a fall in fuel demand, the value of service station fuel sales
increased in 2008 due to price hikes. Between 2007 and 2008, the combined
total value of diesel and petrol sales increased by 6%. Average fuel sales per
service station increased from EUR1.9m in 2007 to EUR2m in 2008.
With four companies selling over 84% of service station fuel in the country,
Turkey is quite a concentrated fuel retailing market. Petrol Ofisi is the
service station market leader. It has the largest network, with 3,193 branded
sites and a fuel volume market share of 29.5%. lowest average throughput per
site out of the five top players,
Turkey has a low penetration of service stations with a shop and only BP has
shops at all of its sites. As would be expected, Petrol Ofisi has the largest
network of service station shops and it has recently started selling mobile
phones and other accessories at a number of its service stations.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Develop new marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash and
card propositions by examining the activities of other players across Europe.
- Access a clear overview of the competitive position and operations of key
fuel retailers. This is particularly useful for suppliers to the sector.
- Assess how the competitive position of the country' s service station
brands is evolving and identify new emerging players.