This report analyses the tire market in the economies in western Europe from 2007 to 2011, and forecasts its performance through to 2015. For the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Bulgaria, and Romania.
All of the Eastern European countries within this section witnessed large levels of pre-recessionary GDP output and will continue to demonstrate consistent growth. Eastern Europe is renowned for its harsh winters, and the usage of winter tires is compulsory in most countries in the region, with Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary being notable exceptions
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Achieve revenue growth by understanding the forecast sales performance of tires by country and adjusting business development plans accordingly.
- Uncover new distribution opportunities for your products by identifying which types of retailers are most successful in each country and why.
- Improve your product mix and hence revenues by gaining insight into what types of tire, winter or summer, are proving popular, by country and region.
- Decide which developing technologies will enhance your forward strategy by understanding the hot topics of today's tire industry.
- Develop new strategies to counteract the influx of budget tires into Europe by understanding where they are most popular and why.
- The varying economic natures of Eastern Europe make this area a potentially large investment opportunity for manufacturers. That said, the number of tires sold in countries such as Bulgaria and Romania continue to fall as consumers tend to seek out the cheapest possible tires.
- Motorists tend to buy tires from specialists in Eastern Europe, as there is a distinct lack of awareness of the benefits of better quality tires. This gap in the market could provide an ideal opportunity for mid-range manufacturers
- The vehicle parc in this area has been steadily increasing in recent years, meaning that demand for tires will continue to rise.
YOUR KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- What events will have the largest impact on the European tire industry by 2015 and why?
- Which countries have the highest penetration by winter tires and how was this achieved?
- Which countries are most susceptible to the black market for tires?
- What are the consumer behaviors regarding retailer and tire brand selection, in the European tire market, by country?
- What are the market shares of the key distribution channels for tires, by country?