Detailed country report covering wealth management in Taiwan. Draws on Datamonitor's 2011 Global Wealth Managers Survey to profile local HNW traits, needs and decision triggers. Market overview and in-depth competitive landscape are also provided.
The Taiwanese wealth management industry is dominated by foreign banks. As the market is still not fully developed, local players have had less time to build up experience and knowledge than their foreign counterparts. Foreign banks also offer wider product portfolios and hence are able to attract a broader customer base.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Build your customer targeting strategy using in-depth HNW demographics and needs analysis based on Datamonitor's annual Global Wealth Managers Survey.
- Assess your competition through detailed profiles of notable players, including the customer targeting, marketing and product strategies they employ.
- Size your potential client base using Datamonitor's proprietary data, presenting the number of affluent individuals by liquid asset band to 2015.
- Almost more than any other factor, Taiwan's increasing integration with China and the rest of Asia Pacific will drive growth in its wealth market forward over the next five years. Between 2011 and 2015 liquid assets held by the affluent population are forecast to record a CAGR of 6.3%, reaching $1,095bn in 2015.
- Faced with rapidly increasing property prices over the last few years, Taiwanese high net worth individuals allocate the largest proportion of their portfolios to real estate investment. However, as a result of regulatory changes there will also be an increased interest in fixed income products over the next two years.
- There are crucial gaps in the service offerings of Taiwanese wealth managers when compared to the overall Asia Pacific region. This represents an opportunity for new entrants to the market, as onshore clients in Taiwan appear not to be properly accommodated by existing players.
YOUR KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- What strategies are my competitors employing to win and keep affluent clients?
- Which products and services will affluent clients in Taiwan want in the next two years?
- How is the Taiwanese wealth management industry structured? What role do banks and asset managers play?
- How many potential clients in Taiwan have onshore liquid assets that would allow me to run a very profitable business?