This report contains an overview of the total size and profitability of the UK marine insurance market. It provides analysis of trends in premium rates and claims, as well as a discussion of the current issues affecting the market.
This report contains an overview of the total size and profitability of the UK marine insurance market. It provides analysis of trends in premium rates, distribution, and claims as well as a discussion of the current issues affecting the market. The final section analyzes the key drivers that will affect each of these markets going forward while providing a forecast up to 2015.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Data on the size, structure and profitability of the marine insurance market in the UK.
- Analysis of the drivers of claims and costs as well as an exploration of growth areas in the future.
- A discussion of the main factors affecting the marine market in the future along with forecasts of market size to 2015.
- There has been a continued increase in the number of UK-owned and flagged vessels as ships ordered before the recession are completed. These ships have contributed to a worldwide glut of shipping and have given underwriters a growing market to write.
- The main challenge affecting the UK cargo industry is the impact of the recession on cargo levels. As consumers and firms import and export less, the volume of cargo to and from the UK falls. As the number of risks to insure falls, insurers have to compete for ever scarcer risks.
YOUR KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- What are the key drivers and challenges within the UK marine market in 2011?
- What are your competitors doing and what are the drivers of growth in the market?
- Where market will growth come from and how will economic and claims trends will impact the sector?