The Wealth Management Competitor Tracker follows the developments of 100 wealth managers and their associated brands globally. Produced monthly, it covers product innovation, customer targeting, M&A, partnerships, organic growth, and staffing.
The Wealth Management Competitor Tracker follows the developments of 100 wealth managers and their associated brands globally. Produced monthly, the tracker is based on press releases and reported news stories. It covers product innovation, customer targeting, M&A, partnerships, organic growth, and staffing. Competitors tracked include: Barclays Wealth, J.P. Morgan, and Bank of Montreal.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Gain invaluable information on competitors in one concise document; identify long-term trends using the Excel database.
- Sharpen your strategy by implementing the best market, product, competitor and strategic developments of leading players from around the world.
- Learn the Datamonitor Wealth & Investments Team's view on the most important competitor developments in the month.
- There were a total of 69 developments in March, much higher than the 45 in February, making it the third most active month in the last 12 months.
- Staffing developments contributed 45% of activity in March, while product innovation and customer targeting contributed 43%. M&A, partnerships, and organic growth had a muted month, contributing only 12%. Notable staffing developments during the month included a number of senior management changes at Societe Generale Private Banking.
- The most active region for developments in March 2012 was Western Europe, which accounted for 38% of all activity. Key stories from the region included the launch of a kick-out fund by Banif, the Spanish private banking subsidiary of Santander, and the sale of EFG International's remaining stake in Marble Bar Asset Management in the UK.
YOUR KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- What product and customer servicing innovations are wealth managers launching around the world?
- Where is the competition expanding and opening new offices and branches?
- Which companies are recruiting new wealth management staff and where?
- What are the levels of M&A and organic growth activity by region?