While beer volumes in many countries have floundered, the cider category has been growing. Crucially the category's growth is being driven by relentless product innovation, bringing new entrants into the market.
In the brand portfolios of many large brewers, cider is playing an increasingly vital role in recruiting new younger drinkers than are increasingly overlooking beer, and, likewise, female drinkers put-off by the bitter taste of beer.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Each section is introduced with a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the cider category
- Consumer insight analysis covering 18 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors which drive drinkers' cider preferences
- Draw inspiration from numerous case studies and product examples throughout the brief that showcase best-in-class innovations for cider
- New product opportunities are spurred by consumer demand for more unique and novel product flavors. Over a third (39%) of global consumers cite "that they enjoy experimenting with alcoholic beverages flavors and mixers."
- As such a raft of new product flavors have entered the markets that capitalize on the consumers' willingness to experiment through new product development.
- Being a fruit based product, naturalness is a key factor in encouraging consumer to trade up to cider. 35% of global drinkers believe that natural ingredients are highly influential in encouraging them to pay more for an alcoholic beverage.
YOUR KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- How do Datamonitor's mega-trends apply specifically to cider? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in the cider category and what does it look like?
- How big an opportunity is naturally gluten free for cider?
- To what extent are consumers willing to sacrifice taste for a healthier product?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage with consumers?