This module provides an estimate of the number of diagnosed incident and total
prevalent cases of trigeminal neuralgia in the seven major markets using
historical trends for the disease and underlying risk factors.
Features and benefits
- Gain insight into market potential, including a robust 10-year
epidemiology forecast of trigeminal neuralgia incident and total prevalent
- Understand the key epidemiologic risk factors associated with trigeminal
Datamonitor expects to see few diagnosed incident cases of trigeminal
neuralgia in all of the seven major markets (the US, Japan, France, Germany,
Italy, Spain, and the UK), with the majority of cases seen in the US and
The forecast for total prevalent cases of the disease suggests the disease
represents a bigger burden for the seven major markets than previously
thought. Datamonitor epidemiologists forecast there were approximately 822,200
total prevalent cases of trigeminal neuralgia in the seven major markets in
Trigeminal neuralgia will continue to be diagnosed rarely in all of the major
markets, with 33,000 diagnosed incident cases forecasted in the seven major
markets in 2021.
Your key questions answered
- What are the most robust sources for trigeminal neuralgia incidence and
- How will the patient population change over the next decade in the seven
- What are the major risk factors for trigeminal neuralgia that drive the
trend in incident and prevalent cases and how are they changing?