Innovation in cereal products continues to evolve in line with changing
consumer needs. This report outlines important consumer and product trends
impacting this category globally, based on Datamonitor's TrendSights
mega-trend framework to classify the key themes. Breakfast cereals and cereal
bars are covered to provide a complete picture of the trends driving
innovation in this category.
Features and benefits
- Each section contains a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each
TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the cereal products category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 20 countries globally highlights the
key attitudes and behaviors driving consumers' purchase of cereal products.
- Case studies and numerous product examples throughout the brief showcase
best-in-class innovations in cereal products from across the globe.
- Key considerations and potential opportunities have been identified based
on consumer preferences and recent product innovations in this category.
Building upon the category's strong nutrition credentials and the growing
shift among consumers towards healthier eating practices has retained the
primary focus on health and wellness even within new product development.
Innovation in the past few years has focused on ‘wholesome' rather than
With over four-in-10 global consumers agreeing that their taste in food has
changed as a result of exposure to foods from other cultures, cereal brands
can seek inspiration from global cuisines to excite consumers with unique
flavor combinations, especially within the largely untapped ‘savory
Your key questions answered
- How do Datamonitor's mega-trends apply specifically to cereal products?
How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in cereal products and what does it look
- Going forward, what are some of the potential opportunities and key
considerations for cereal product manufacturers?
- How are industry players using the online space to more effectively engage