While the general trend in mature markets is for declining average mileage in
lieu of higher vehicle ownership ratios per household, the ongoing economic
stagnation is causing motorists to seek financial savings by substituting
vehicle use, thus decelerating their vehicles' wear rates and as a result
stalling consumption of service parts on an annual basis.
Features and benefits
- Achieve revenue growth by understanding the forecast sales performance of
service parts by country and adjust business development plans accordingly.
- Uncover new distribution opportunities for your products by identifying
which types of retailer are most successful in each country and why.
- Improve your product mix and hence revenues by gaining insight into what
types of service parts are proving popular, by country and region.
- Formulate market share and channel share objectives for your company using
our product and distribution data.
- Develop new strategies to sell your products by understanding where
premium and budget brands are most popular, and why.
Changes in the filter market will be driven by the age of the Western European
car parc. As many new cars are fitted with cabin filters, there will be
increased demand for this component over the coming years. Furthermore, new
diesel car sales are increasing, which will boost demand for diesel filters,
but lead to a slump for petrol filter sales.
The increasing dieselization of the Western European car parc will impact the
dynamics of the spark and glow plug market. As more Western motorists switch
to diesel-powered vehicles, due to improved fuel efficiency, the consumer
demand for glow plugs will rise, while leading to the contraction of the spark
While mineral and semi-synthetic motor oils were previously the market
leaders, there has been a noticeable shift towards synthetic oils in Western
Europe. As the retail price for synthetic oil is higher, this will help to
keep the value of the market high over the next four years, despite sales
Your key questions answered
- Which countries have the highest penetration of synthetic oil?
- Which countries are displaying the highest growth rates for glow plugs
versus spark plugs?
- What are the consumer behaviors regarding retailer and component brand
selection in the European service parts market, by component and country?
- What are the market shares of the key distribution channels for oil, air,
cabin, petrol, and diesel filters, ignition plugs, and oil, by country?
- What is the average annual spend by consumers on service parts by
component and by country?