An incisive report and dynamic analyst briefing service delivering insight
from the most influential Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Key Opinion Leaders to map
the current treatment landscape and analyse future trends.
Multiple Sclerosis: On the cusp of a treatment revolution
The year 2012 will see landmark changes in the treatment of MS. Gilenya, the
first novel drug in five years, is to be joined by three new products; BG-12
from Biogen Idec, Sanofi's Aubagio and Genzyme's Lemtrada. These drugs will
partially satisfy substantial unmet needs of convenient administration and
more efficacious therapy to drive unprecedented market growth.
Driven by in-depth interviews with the world's leading multiple sclerosis
KOLs, Therapy Trends: Multiple Sclerosis uncovers how the current treatment
landscape will be impacted by significant future events, with particular focus
on pipeline therapies and how these will modify the way MS is managed by
neurologists in the future.
Drive your strategic decision-making with inside intelligence
Therapy Trends: Multiple Sclerosis disseminates critical opinion and analysis
to provide premier research.
- We cut to the heart of market-changing events and eliminate superfluous
background information so you can focus on developments of greatest strategic
impact and reduce your reaction time
- Our unique thought-leader selection matrix identifies the most influential
KOLs in MS to deliver the perspectives vital in giving you a competitive edge,
enabling informed decision-making and planning
- Detailed analysis of marketed and pipeline drugs helps you understand the
products that will shape the future MS market
- KOL consensus on the future treatment algorithm offers a window into the future changes in medical
evidence and clinical practice
- Uncovering KOLs' opinions on unmet needs enables you to identify potential
- Dynamic report updates evaluate the market impact of key events from KOL
perspectives, allowing you to react to significant MS market developments
within days of events occurring
Critical questions answered
Our MS KOLs are selected according to their level of engagement and influence
within the pharmaceutical industry and their scientific standing. FirstWord's
unique KOL scoring system enables identification of KOLs with the greatest
knowledge of how MS treatment will evolve and shape the future landscape.
- What are the key unmet needs? There is a high risk, high reward
opportunity in the development of a therapy with efficacy for progressive
- How will therapies will be positioned against each other in the future of
MS treatment? Biogen's new oral therapy BG-12 is expected to usurp the current
market leaders and become the first-line therapy of choice.
- How will treatment developments play out in the near future? Biogen's
activity in broadening its robust pipeline shows its resolve in maintaining
its leading position in MS.
- Is there potential for new players in the lucrative MS market? New
entrants are set to capture significant share and cannibalise sales of the
- Where will Sanofi's Lemtrada and Aubagio be positioned in treatment?
Pricing and safety will play a large part in determining uptake of this highly
- How will the launch of biosimilars affect prescribing behavior? Pricing
will be a key determinant in positioning and uptake
- How will Novartis's Gilenya be affected by recent safety concerns? Long-term concerns have kept it from
being the first line therapy.
- Will the new John Cunningham Virus test encourage earlier adoption of Tysabri? This offers the first example of personalised
medicine; a trend that will aid uptake in future.
- Unmet needs analysis to identify opportunities and address the challenges
facing disease management
- Strategic mapping of future treatment algorithms based on KOL insight
- Commercial and clinical analysis of pipeline therapies
- In-depth, dynamic event impact assessments to evaluate current strategies
and plans against new conditions
- Align investment and resource planning to future trends
- Know the story driving the trends