Consolidating Technology Advances
This research service focuses on the US Department of Defense (DoD) command
and control, communications, computers, intelligence, and surveillance and
reconnaissance (C4ISR) budget spending. Included is an analysis of research,
development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E), procurement, operations and
maintenance (O&M), and services. Contract activity for the DoD C4ISR for 2012
is also included. The DoD C4ISR 2014 budget is comprised of the Army,
Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force, and Joint Service spending plans and is
included. This study indicates which technology products and services are
emphasized in DoD C4ISR budget spending. The base year for financial spending
is 2012, and the market forecast is from 2012 to 2018.
- The 2014 Department of Defense (DoD) programs for command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR); electronic warfare/information operations (EW/IO); and multipurpose technologies total $Xbillion.
- This is a decrease of $X billion, or X%, from 2013 levels.
- C4ISR funding through 2018 has a negative X% compound annual growth rate (CAGR). Mature technologies and proven services will be the focus of future spending.
- Research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) is the largest spending category with $Xbillion requested for 2014 and a negativeX% CAGR through 2018.
- Joint Services have the largest share of funding at $X billion and a negative growth rate of X% through 2018.
- Surveillance and reconnaissance (S&R) is the largest technology segment at $Xbillion in 2014 with a negative X% CAGR through 2018.
- In 2012, the DoD awarded $X billion through X prime contracts to X companies. Lockheed Martin continued as the top C4ISR firm with $X billion in new prime contracts.
- The top X firms held X% of the contract value in 2012. Networks, a multipurpose category, is the largest technology area with $Xbillion and the most contracts, X.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the areas of growth within the DoD C4ISR market?
- Which segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
- What are the leading drivers and restraints for the DoD C4ISR market?
- What are the top programs for the DoD C4ISR market?
- Which technologies and services will the program budget emphasize?
- Which companies are leading the C4ISR research, procurement, and services