Investments in Sanitation Boost the Demand for Chemicals
The Brazilian municipal water and wastewater treatment chemicals market is
expected to grow, boosted by public and private investments as well as the
necessity to improve the infrastructure to host the World Cup. In a very
competitive and price sensitive market, a huge number of competitors are
discouraged in innovating. However, environmental issues demand more
sustainable products. This research service identifies the size of the market
in 2012 and provides a forecast until 2018 for each segment: coagulants and
flocculants, disinfectants and biocides, and scaling and corrosion control
chemicals. It also presents an in-depth analysis about the major factors that
drive and restrain the market.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the municipal water and wastewater treatment market growing, how long
will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the major trends, drivers and challenges that will impact the
chemicals used in water and wastewater treatment?
- Which are the chemicals mostly used by the customers?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? Is it ripe for
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is
there additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need
partnerships to take their business to the next level?