TWO NEW TECHNOLOGIIES ARE CONVERGIING ON THE ENTERPRIISE NETWORK AT ALMOST
THE SAME TIIME:
Post - PC Wireless emerges, BYOD (bring your own device)
Cloud Computing - computing services provided based on usage
- Why are these two technologies being adopted faster than expected?
- What is the impact on copper cabling and fiber cabling?
- What happens to existing enterprise networks?
Answers to these questions include:
- 1. Timelines for these two new technology's adoption
- 2. Current/future deployment of wireless LANs (WLANs)
- 3. Cloud computing services benefits
- 4. iPad considered a game changer
- 5. Future role of PCs within enterprises
- 6. Current network architecture morphs to future network architecture
- 7. Changes to structured cabling systems (SCS) needed to support new
Analysis Report: includes all of the above and much more: detailed
descriptions of the new technologies, in-depth analysis of the technology's
effect on current networks. Excludes product forecasts. Additional bonus:
40/100 Gigabit Ethernet and future 400/1000 gigabit Ethernet current status
Analysis & Forecast Report: above analysis plus product forecasts
- Copper Cable: by UTP, STP and Coax; by plenum versus non-plenum; UTP & STP
by category, Coax by type.
- Copper Apparatus: patch panels, outlets, connectors by category.
- Fiber Cables: by data center versus other uses; by MM-SM, LOM
(laser-optimized multimode fiber); data center by harnesses, trunk cables,
- Fiber Apparatus: by data center - other uses; data center by cassettes,
- work area modules; other uses by fiber interconnects, outlets, connectors.
Most data provided for pre-Post-PC-Cloud Computing and actual with the new