GlobalData has released its new report, "Lyxumia (Type 2 Diabetes) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". The type 2 diabetes market is mature and crowded with inexpensive generics. Despite being marked by a late-stage pipeline filled with me-too drugs, this market will undergo substantial growth between 2012 and 2022, more than doubling over this period. The main drivers of growth will be the dramatic increase in disease prevalence and physicians' efforts to delay disease progression and reduce the costly burden of diabetic complications through the use of combination therapies and novel branded drugs.
Lyxumia (lixisenatide) is a fourth-to-market GLP-1 receptor agonist developed by Zealand Pharma and in-licensed to Sanofi. It was approved in the EU in February 2013, and is under review as a New Drug Application (NDA) by the FDA as of July 2013.
- Overview of type 2 diabetes, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Lyxumia including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Lyxumia for the top ten countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil, India and China.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for type 2 diabetes
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Lyxumia performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Lyxumia from 2012-2022 in top ten countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil, India and China)