GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Namenda (Alzheimer's Disease) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". There are no long-term effective therapies for Alzheimer's Disease (AD), so this remains at the top of the list for unmet needs. While physicians agree that symptomatic therapies are relatively safe and effective, these therapies are still lacking because of they cannot maintain their effects and lack mechanisms that alter the course of the disease.
Namenda (memantine hydrochloride) is a first-in-class medication for AD with a unique MOA compared with the currently available drugs. It is an orally-active NMDA receptor antagonist and was the first, and at the time, the only, medication approved for the treatment of moderate to severe dementia of the Alzheimer's type.
- Overview of AD, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Namenda including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Namenda for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China and India.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for AD
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Namenda performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Namenda from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China and India)