Your strategic information resource for success in the water business to 2020
This spring, Global Water Intelligence will publish the most complete survey of the opportunities and activities in the international water sector ever attempted.
Global Water Market 2017 goes beyond the geographic focus of previous editions of GWI's bestselling information resource to create a detailed matrix of market analysis by technology, by end user, by business model and by product type. Furthermore, the report maps out the participants in each market space, to create the ultimate business development tool.
This report covers every angle of the global water sector, including coverage of major markets, key companies as well as the popular country profiles. Whether you are looking to build or buy your way into a new market, Global Water Market 2017 answers all of your most important questions:
- How big is the market?
- How fast is it growing?
- What do customers need?
- What are the trends?
- Who are the competitors?
- What are they doing?
How To Use This Report
This report is an essential handbook for any company that needs a complete view of the global water sector, helping you plan your next move:
Budgeting: what can you expect from your business next year? Global Water Markets 2017 provides informed third party validation of how your core markets are developing. It is an essential resource for any executive involved in setting targets, allocating resources and planning investment.
Building: what are the best markets to target for growth? Global Water Market 2017 is like a travel guide for water industry executives looking to move into new markets. It tells you what it is like, how it works and who you will meet there. Growing without it can be painful or dangerous.
Buying: what is the case for an acquisition? The 2017 edition of GWI's Global Water Markets report introduces detailed information on the market position of more than 500 businesses in the water sector. That makes it a shopping list of acquisitive companies and an essential due diligence resource.
- Global and country-by-country forecasts from 2014 to 2020 - Forecasts of capital and operating expenditure for the utility and industrial sectors, broken down by application, technology and equipment to help understand the size of the market for your solution or service
- 32 In-depth country chapters - Featuring analysis of the regional opportunities, explanation of market dynamics, current and future projects, major market participants and a brand new industrial water section, giving you the tools you need to identify the best markets to target for growth and to plan your strategy for entering, or expanding your presence in, those regions.
- 68 Country trend reports - includes historical data and spending forecasts in a visually accessible format to help you assess the direction of your target market.
- Companies & Markets - In addition to the geographical coverage, Global Water Market 2017 now includes expansive data and analysis of key global markets including engineering and contracting, water and wastewater treatment, networks and infrastructure equipment and industrial water, so you have a complete picture of the current and emerging opportunities in each sector. All of the major key players in each market are featured, giving you all the information you need to establish the size and shape of the market.
Companies & Markets
Over the first three editions Global Water Market has established itself as the key reference work on the industry. It is used by more than 50% of the top 100 global water companies, and it has become the must-have resource for bankers and consultants advising on deals in the water sector. The new edition introduces an unprecedented level of granularity to the data and analysis, enabling users to drill down to the information they need with precision.
Key Areas Covered:
- Technologies and Equipment - Focusing on five key technology areas, Global Water Market 2017 will provide in-depth market analysis of oil/water separation, suspended solids removal, dissolved solids removal, biological treatment and disinfection/oxidation. This report will show you what is driving global spending on water and wastewater treatment technologies in the municipal sector and in 8 of the most water-intensive industrial markets, the main challenges influencing each industry and who the key players in each technology market are
- Smart Water Networks - Water scarcity, leak detection and network efficiency are the main factors driving the implementation of smart water solutions across the globe. This report will analyse how and where smart water technologies are being used by water utilities worldwide. Get exclusive insight into the biggest players in the market, identify existing prospects for your smart solution and pinpoint opportunities to develop your product and partner with other 'smart' businesses
- Water treatment chemicals - Increased freshwater scarcity is pushing industrial and municipal sectors to treat wastewater for reuse. Global Water Market 2017 will identify which chemical types are needed for water treatment in the industrial and municipal markets. Featuring the top 20 chemical suppliers as well as a forecast breakdown of the chemical market, you will have the chance to identify which sector provides the biggest opportunities and demands for your chemical solutions
- Engineering and systems integration - Global Water Market 2017 will explore different contracting models, quality control and risk management, bid scoring and approaches to prequalification, giving you insight into how companies win contracts, what market trends there are in relation to contracting and who the top 50 engineering and EPC contractors active the water market are. Understand how water equipment suppliers get their products incorporated into project plans and devise your strategy for involvement
- Industrial water markets - In-depth analysis of challenges and opportunities within key industrial water markers: oil & gas, mining & metals, chemicals & refining, power, microelectronics, pharmaceutical, food & beverage and pulp & paper. This report provides detailed information on major water challenges faced by industrial water users, the technologies that can solve those problems and the regulations that are driving investment in the industrial water market so you can efficiently plan your next market entry strategy
- Opportunities for private investment - The market for private sector participation in the water sector is on the verge of significant change, creating prospects for investors and water service companies. Identify the key markets with the most opportunities for private investment, understand the global outlook for PPP projects, emerging investment trends and operation contract models and find out why the greatest demand for private expertise is in more limited service offerings.
- Outsourcing and services - With outsourcing becoming an attractive proposition for water users, GWM 2017 analyses the different services and contract models that are creating opportunities for operators and full-solution providers. We evaluate operation and maintenance contracts, mobile water and water services for the oil and gas industry, so you can understand what is driving end-users to adopt BOT/BOO and DBO/O&M agreements and identify the major trends behind water services demands.
Global Water Market 2017 explains and analyses the market structure and dynamics of the water sector in the 32 most rapidly growing markets. Each in-depth country chapter provides all the information you need to do business in your target market and to give you the competitive edge, including vital insight into government policies, current and future projects, market participants, supply chain analysis and forecasts.
This report will include a visual representation of data with maps, tables and icons that act as a reference tool, so you can immediately identify the information that is most pertinent to your business.
For each country profile, the report will cover:
- 1. Top market opportunities: Water sector structure and regulation - regulatory structures, funding organizations and regulations covering only the most relevant information
- 2. Water resources and overall water risk
- 3. Utility sector strategies, investment planning and infrastructure
- 4. Analysis on utility funding
- 5. Procurement models used in each country
- 6. Private sector participation
- 7. Current and future key projects
- 8. Industrial water market - identify the opportunities and trends in each country's industrial water sectors
- 9. Market participants
- 10. Future market direction
- 11. Market forecast
32 Country profiles covering:
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Country Trend Reports
Global Water Market 2017 includes concise trend reports covering 68 countries that are designed to show the most critical data about the utility sector in each country. These snapshots present visually accessible data about trends in utility service coverage so you can easily get a picture of the current state of the water market, and a forecast of utility and industrial spending, enabling you to quickly evaluate the market potential for your product or service.
68 Country trend reports covering:
- Costa Rica
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
Who Should Read This Report
With three bestselling editions so far, The Global Water Market report is the most comprehensive water report ever published. It focuses on water and wastewater treatment and distribution for domestic and industrial users and is used by international companies to formulate business plans, reach new customers and enter new markets. Global Water Market 2017 is an essential handbook for any business working in the sector. Here is some insight into how your business can make use of the report:
- Investors and financiers - Global Water Market 2017 will provide you will with all the information you need to do your preliminary market research in a fraction of the time and all the quantitative data and forecasting you need to identify the best investment opportunities.
- Equipment suppliers, engineers and consultants - This report analyses supply chains and procurement methods in the water sector, identifying the biggest opportunities in each market and enabling you to find the most effective ways in which to enter or expand your involvement in different markets.
- Multinational water companies - this is a critical budgeting and strategy tool for executives working within the water sector. It will help you understand how your core markets are developing, which markets to target for growth, who your competitors are and how those markets work in practise. This is the only report where you can find comprehensive data and forecasts for the municipal and industrial sectors in one place.
- Policy makers, water utilities and aid agencies - find detailed examples on organisational structure, financial mechanisms and operational management.
Global Water Market 2017 Datasets
GWM 2017 includes eight datasets available to download with the report in a spreadsheet format. These include:
- Indicators of water and wastewater service coverage in each country
- Desalination, reuse and PPP projects tracked by GWI
- Historical merger & acquisition transactions in the water sector
- Historical private sector participation projects
- Financial information for major listed water companies
- A dataset of major water companies and their industrial involvement
- The latest edition of GWI's global water tariff survey, published in September 2015
- Forecast of utility and industrial capital expenditure
- Forecast of utility and industrial operation expenditure
Market Forecast Categories
Capital Expenditure Forecast (broken down by country/region)
- Utility water
- Utility wastewater
- Upstream oil & gas
- Refining & petrochemicals
- Power generation
- Food & beverage
- Pulp & paper
- Drinking/process water treatment
- Ultrapure water treatment (Including boiler feedwater)
- Wastewater treatment (Including reuse)
- Sludge management
- Seawater and brackish water desalination
- Water networks
- Wastewater networks
- Resources & environment
- Oil-water separation
- Suspended solids removal
- Dissolved solids removal
- Biological treatment
- Sludge management
Operating Expenditure Forecasts (broken down by country/region)
- Utility water
- Utility wastewater
- Parts & consumables
- Third-party services
By chemical type
- pH control
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Scale inhibitors
Equipment Forecast (broken down by country)
By equipment type
- Gas flotation
- Oil-water separation
- Non-membrane filtration
- Low pressure membranes (MF/UF)
- High pressure membranes (RO/NF)
- Ion exchange
- Activated carbon
- Anaerobic digestion
- Other sludge stabilisation
- Sludge thickening/dewatering
- Sludge drying/thermal processes
- Chemical feed systems
- Other equipment
- Design and engineering
- Civil engineering/fabrication
- Regulatory & professional costs
- North America
- Latin America / Caribbean
- Europe / Former Soviet Union
- East Asia / Pacific
- Southern Asia
- Middle East / Africa