The report is devoted to investigation of current standing of market power in
Kazakhstan and forecast of its development up to 2015. The report consists of
four parts, contains 41 pages, including 12 tables and 10 figures.
As information sources, data Republic of Kazakhstan Agency on Statistics, the
data of JSC «Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company»
(«KEGOC»), reports of JSC "Kazakhstan Electricity Market Operator
and power" (JSC "KOREM"). In addition, data of sectoral and regional press,
annual and quarterly reports of companies, web-sites of company-producers and
large industrial consumers of electricity.
The first section of the report is devoted to the characteristics of the
electricity market in Kazakhstan, including the sectors of production,
transmission, supply of electricity, as well as the consumption sector.
In the first chapter of the first section examined the structure of power
generation in Kazakhstan by types of energy resources.
The second chapter presents data on the production of electricity and heat in
the country in 2005-2011.
The third chapter is devoted to the production of electricity for energy bands
in 2009-2010, as well as the distribution of production areas in Kazakhstan.
The fourth chapter describes the main producers of electricity in the country,
including JSC "Aksu Power Plant" Ltd, "Ekibastuz-1", JSC "Station
Ekibastuz-2." Presents statistical data on the dynamics of power at 15 major
stations in 2005-2010., As well as information on supplies of electricity from
Aksu Power Plant for aluminum companies in Kazakhstan.
The fifth chapter is devoted to the consumption of electricity in the country.
The structure of consumption by major sector in 2010, as well as the
consumption of this product, large industrial enterprises in Kazakhstan in
The second section focuses on export-import of electricity in 2005-2010.
The third section discusses the price of electricity in Kazakhstan. Shows the
maximum rates for groups of up to power in 2015 also given a schedule of
speakers and the price indices for electricity purchased by industrial
enterprises in 2005-2011. In this section, for comparison is a ranking of
countries on the cost of electricity (for population) in 2010-2011.
The fourth section includes a forecast of electricity in Kazakhstan up to 2015
A list of major projects for the development of this sector in the country. At
the end of this section is given the forecast supply-demand balance of
electricity in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Table of Contents
1. Characteristics of market power in Kazakhstan
- 1.1. Raw materials for power generation in Kazakhstan
- 1.2. Production of electricity and heat in Kazakhstan in 2005-2011.
- 1.3. Production of electricity and heat in Kazakhstan's energy zones
- 1.4. The main producers of electricity in Kazakhstan
- 1.4.1. JSC "Aksu Power Plant"
- 1.4.2. LLP "Ekibastuz-1"
- 1.4.3. JSC "Station Ekibastuz-2"
- 1.5. Consumption of electricity in Kazakhstan
- 1.6. Consumption of heat in Kazakhstan
2. Export-import of electricity in Kazakhstan in 2005-2010.
3. Review of prices for electricity in Kazakhstan
4. Forecast of development of electricity in Kazakhstan
The findings of the study
List of Tables:
- Table 1. Electricity production by energy zones of Kazakhstan in
2009-2010, mln kW-h%
- Table 2. The dynamics of heat production in Kazakhstan in 2005-2010. by
- Table 3. Volumes of production of electricity by large power plants in
Kazakhstan in 2005-2010., Billion kW-h
- Table 4. Supplies of electricity from Aksu Power Plant for aluminum
companies in Kazakhstan, million kW-h
- Table 5. Electricity consumption by large industrial enterprises of
Kazakhstan in 2007-2010, mln kW-h
- Table 6. Consumption of electricity in Kazakhstan's energy zones in 2010,
- Table 7. The distribution of internal heat consumption by regions of
Kazakhstan in 2010, Gcal
- Table 8. The maximum rates for electricity in Kazakhstan in groups to
power in 2015
- Table 9. Changes in prices for electricity purchased by industry for the
- Table 10. Ranking of countries for the cost of electricity (for
population) in 2010-2011, USD / kW-h, tenge / kW-h
- Table 11. Major projects for the development of electricity in Kazakhstan
- Table 12. Forecast supply-demand balance of electricity in the Republic of
Kazakhstan until 2014, billion kW-h
List of Figures:
- Figure 1. The structure of power generation in Kazakhstan, by type of
- Figure 2. Dynamics of production of electricity in Kazakhstan in
2005-2011, - billion kilowatt hours (2011 - estimated)
- Figure 3. The structure of electricity production in Kazakhstan in 2010,%
- Figure 4. Dynamics of production of thermal energy in Kazakhstan
- Figure 5. Distribution of electricity in Kazakhstan
- Figure 6. The distribution of heat production in Kazakhstan
- Figure 7. The structure of electricity production in Kazakhstan's largest
power plants in 2010,%
- Figure 8. Structure of consumption of electricity in Kazakhstan
- Figure 9. Dynamics of export and import of electricity by Kazakhstan in
2005-2010., Billion kW-h
- Figure 10. The dynamics of prices and price indices for electricity in
Kazakhstan, acquired the industrial enterprises in 2005-2010., Tenge/1000 kW-h%
Electricity market in Kazakhstan published by INFOMINE Research Group in January 31, 2012. This report price starts from US $ 2100.