“Communications service providers are beginning to recognize that the
lack of an integrated view of their customer data is a major drawback and that
they need to invest in data management, business intelligence and
analytics.” Kris Szaniawski, Principal Analyst, Networks, Informa
Telecoms & Media.
Informa Telecoms & Media's new report on Customer Experience Management
focuses on CEM analytics and the need to harness data from a wide variety of
sources in order to achieve an integrated view of the customer and deliver
Measuring and managing the end-user experience has become of key importance to
operators as they struggle to correlate real-time data and KPIs with actual
customer experience. Furthermore, communications service providers
(CSPs) are failing to make adequate use of their own extensive data sources to
support business decisions and are lagging behind other sectors and Internet
company competitors such as Amazon and Google in their use of customer-centric
This report looks at what CSPs can do to make better use of their existing
data sources as well as to create an integrated view of the customer.
A broad array of vendors are seeking to position themselves in the CEM
field, including: major IT companies, such as IBM and HP; network
equipment providers, such as NSN, Ericsson and Alcatel-Lucent: and major
OSS/BSS players and niche vendors.
To win over CSPs, vendors are seeking to build simple, easy-to-use dashboards
and empower CSP employees with relevant and real-time insights into consumer
behavior that can be translated into action. The report also looks at the
benefits of the CEM-labeled solutions increasingly coming onto the market.
Table of Contents
Why operators need CEM, customer intelligence and analytics
- Fig. 1: Operator customers: a holistic, cross-organizational view
- Fig. 2: Categories of vendors entering the CEM-analytics market and selected companies
- Fig. 3: eTOM business-process framework
- Fig. 4: CEM across the customer lifecycle
- Fig. 5: CEM/data-management opportunities
- Fig. 6: Multiple sources of CEM intelligence
- Fig. 7: Ericsson: Bringing together different sources of information
- Fig. 8: NSN's CEM on Demand portal
- Fig. 9: Delivery models for CEM
- Fig. 10: CEM in a managed-services context
Why operators need CEM, customer intelligence and analytics published by Informa Telecoms & Media in July 2, 2012. This report price starts from US $ 866.