Bundles, content, smart access, segmentation
This report takes a look at the major developments in services being bundled
with Internet access. It analyses trends in triple and quadruple-play bundles,
their convergence and their economic impact on vendors. It also explores deep
product line strategies: digital home, rich communication, secure access, and
opportunities tied to segmentation.
Report's key questions
- At a time when telecom markets are stagnating, what possible growth
outlets are there for telcos?
- What are the major innovations in the area of services bundled with
access: additional services, content, smart access, segmentation?
- What are the assets and limitations of bundling strategies? How do bundles
affect ARPU, margins and customer loyalty?
- Will adding content to the equation bring growth and, if so, for which
type of operator?
- Is enhancing access with other services closer to telcos' core business a
sound development strategy?
- Is segmentation operators' main strategy for handling the explosion in
traffic on the networks?
- Can telcos sell quality of service?