The rise of the data center
This report explores the various technical and economic issues bound up with
cloud computing and Big Data - giving readers a deeper understanding of these
concepts that are the subject of so much talk today. Among the key points
examined is the critical role that data centres play when implementing
technical solutions. Readers will also get a detailed profile of the players,
both public and private sector, who are shaping the market.
Report Key Questions
- What are the main technological components of cloud computing and Big Data?
- Is the data centre key for both? What are the main challenges in setting
up a data centre?
- What are the key developmental issues and critical aspects in the
development of Big Data and cloud computing?
- What role are public actors playing in the development of these two
concepts? What regulatory provisos are in play?
- IaaS, SaaS, PaaS: who are the target customers for these services? Do they
create added value to software and infrastructure markets?
- Big Data: evolution or revolution? What outlook for the coming years?
- Who are the main cloud computing and Big Data players?