Dental implants, also known as endosseous fixtures, are substitutes for missing teeth that are placed into the jaw to support restorations. Dental implants provide a strong foundation and are an ideal option for people who have lost a tooth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. Prosthetics dentistry involves the diagnosis and treatment of infected teeth as well as the reconstruction of missing teeth with the use of crowns, bridges, implants, and dentures. Dental prosthetics offers a more permanent solution than endodontic treatments, mainly due to recent technological advancements such as CAD/CAM dentistry in prosthetics.
The global dental implants & prosthetics market is largely driven by the rising incidences of dental caries and other periodontal diseases among the aging baby booming population. Rising disposable incomes, increasing willingness to spend out of the pockets for dental implants, increasing awareness, and the requirement of quality dental care among the people is further expected to help the growth of this market.
The report analyzes the dental implants market by material and procedure. Based on the material used, dental implants are segmented into two categories, namely, titanium implants and zirconium implants. Titanium implants are further classified on the basis of the stages involved in surgery (single and two-stage) and the type of connectors (external hexagonal, internal hexagonal, and internal octagonal). By procedure, dental implants are segmented into root-form dental implants and plate-form dental implants. Among the two types of dental implants, root-form dental implants are the most widely used due to their durability and high success rate as compared to other implants.
The dental prosthetics market is segmented into crowns and bridges, abutments, and dentures. The market for dental bridges is further subsegmented into 3-unit bridges, 4-unit bridges, Maryland bridges, cantilever bridges, and partial bridges. On type of materials, the dental crowns and bridges market is divided into porcelain-fused-to-metals (PFM), all ceramics, and metal alloys. Dentures are subsegmented into complete and partial dentures, while abutments are further subsegmented into temporary and definitive abutments.
The global dental implants & prosthetics market has experienced strong growth over the past few years, and is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period of 2015 to 2020. The increasing adoption of dental implants due to better aesthetics and their ease of cleaning will help the growth of the dental implants market as opposed to dental prosthetics. The better customization options available in dental implants with the help of CAD/CAM technologies is further expected to drive the adoption of these products.
The dental implants and prosthetics market has tremendous growth potential mainly due to the increasing demand from developing Asian and South American nations, due to increasing purchasing power and increasing consumer acceptance of advanced dental technologies. Asia-Pacific and Latin America are expected to show the fastest growth geographically, in the coming years. India, China, and Mexico will mainly drive the growth of these regions due to rising dental tourism. Europe, which occupies the major market share, will show sluggish growth in the coming future.
Some of the major players in this market include STRAUMANN (Switzerland), DENTSPLY International (U.S.), Zimmer Holdings (U.S.), Biomet 3i (U.S.), 3M ESPE (U.S.), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), Avinent Implant System (Spain), and OSSTEM IMPLANT Co. Ltd. (South Korea). Amidst increasing competition, acquisitions and new product launches have helped these companies to maintain their market share and grow in this market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms, and allow them to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for increasing their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the dental implants & prosthetics market. The report analyzes the dental implants & prosthetics market by product.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the dental implants & prosthetics market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets by product, functionality, and geography.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the dental implants & prosthetics market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of leading players in the dental implants & prosthetics market.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- 1.2. MARKET DEFINITION
- 1.3. MARKET SCOPE
- 1.3.1. MARKETS COVERED
- 1.3.2. YEARS CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDY
- 1.4. CURRENCY
- 1.5. LIMITATIONS
- 1.6. STAKEHOLDERS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1. RESEARCH APPROACH
- 2.2. MARKET SIZE ESTIMATION
- 2.3. MARKET BREAKDOWN AND DATA TRIANGULATION
- 2.4. MARKET SHARE ESTIMATION
- 2.5. KEY DATA FROM SECONDARY SOURCES
- 2.6. KEY DATA FROM PRIMARY SOURCES
- 2.6.1. KEY INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
- 2.7. ASSUMPTIONS FOR THE STUDY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PREMIUM INSIGHTS
- 4.1. GROWTH POTENTIAL OF THE DENTAL IMPLANTS AND PROSTHETICS MARKET
- 4.2. ASIA-PACIFIC DENTAL PROSTHETICS MARKET
- 4.3. DENTAL IMPLANTS AND PROSTHETICS MARKET: GEOGRAPHIC GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- 4.4. EUROPE WILL DOMINATE THE DENTAL IMPLANTS AND PROSTHETICS MARKET DURING THE FORECAST PERIOD
- 4.5. DENTAL IMPLANTS AND PROSTHETICS MARKET: DEVELOPING VS. DEVELOPED COUNTRIES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 5.2. MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.2.1. DENTAL IMPLANTS AND PROSTHETICS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 5.3. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.3.1. DRIVERS
- 18.104.22.168. Rapid rise in the global geriatric population
- 22.214.171.124. Growing medical tourism in emerging markets
- 126.96.36.199. Rising incidences of dental caries and other periodontal diseases
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing disposable incomes in developing countries
- 184.108.40.206. Rising demand for cosmetic dentistry
- 5.3.2. RESTRAINTS
- 220.127.116.11. High costs and limited reimbursement for dental implants
- 18.104.22.168. Difficulty in maintaining good oral hygiene and risk of tooth loss associated with dental bridges
- 5.3.3. OPPORTUNITIES
- 22.214.171.124. Gradual shift towards newer technologies and products
- 126.96.36.199. Low penetration rate of dental implants
- 188.8.131.52. Increasing number of dental laboratories investing in CAD/CAM technology
- 184.108.40.206. Changing demographics
- 5.3.4. CHALLENGES
- 220.127.116.11. Pricing pressure faced by prominent market players
- 5.4. INDUSTRY TRENDS
- 5.4.1. INCREASING MARKET CONSOLIDATION
- 5.4.2. RISING FOCUS OF MARKET PLAYERS ON NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 5.5. PRICING ANALYSIS
6. GLOBAL DENTAL IMPLANTS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 6.2. EVOLUTION OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- 6.3. DENTAL IMPLANTS MARKET, BY MATERIAL
- 6.3.1. TITANIUM IMPLANTS
- 18.104.22.168. By stage
- 22.214.171.124.1. Single-stage procedures
- 126.96.36.199.2. Two-stage procedures
- 188.8.131.52. By connector
- 184.108.40.206.1. External hexagonal connectors
- 220.127.116.11.2. Internal hexagonal connectors
- 18.104.22.168.3. Internal octagonal connectors
- 6.3.2. ZIRCONIUM IMPLANTS
- 6.3.3. DENTAL IMPLANTS MARKET, BY PROCEDURE
- 22.214.171.124. Root-form dental implants
- 126.96.36.199. Plate-form dental implants
7. GLOBAL DENTAL PROSTHETICS MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2. DENTAL BRIDGES
- 7.2.1. BY TYPE
- 188.8.131.52. 3-unit bridges
- 184.108.40.206. 4-unit bridges
- 220.127.116.11. Maryland bridges
- 18.104.22.168. cantilever bridges
- 22.214.171.124. Partial bridges
- 7.2.2. CROWNS
- 7.2.3. CROWNS & BRIDGES MARKET, BY MATERIAL
- 126.96.36.199. Porcelain-fused-to-metal
- 188.8.131.52. All ceramics
- 184.108.40.206. Metal
- 7.3. DENTURES
- 7.3.1. COMPLETE DENTURES
- 7.3.2. PARTIAL DENTURES
- 7.4. ABUTMENTS
- 7.4.1. TEMPORARY ABUTMENTS
- 7.4.2. DEFINITIVE ABUTMENTS
8. GLOBAL DENTAL IMPLANTS & PROSTHETICS MARKET, BY REGION
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 8.2.1. U.S.
- 8.2.2. CANADA
- 8.3. EUROPE
- 8.3.1. GERMANY
- 8.3.2. ITALY
- 8.3.3. U.K.
- 8.3.4. SPAIN
- 8.3.5. FRANCE
- 8.3.6. REST OF EUROPE
- 8.4. ASIA-PACIFIC
- 8.4.1. JAPAN
- 8.4.2. CHINA
- 8.4.3. INDIA
- 8.4.4. SOUTH KOREA
- 8.4.5. REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
- 8.5. REST OF THE WORLD (ROW)
- 8.5.1. LATIN AMERICA
- 8.5.2. MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 9.1.1. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- 9.1.2. COMPETITVE SITUTATIONS AND TRENDS
- 220.127.116.11. New product launches
- 18.104.22.168. Agreements
- 22.214.171.124. Collaborations and partnerships
- 126.96.36.199. Acquisitions
- 188.8.131.52. Other developments
10. COMPANY PROFILES (Overview, Financials, Products & Services, Strategy, & Developments)*
- 10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 10.1.1. INSTITUT STRAUMANN AG
- 10.1.2. DANAHER CORPORATION
- 10.1.3. BIOMET, INC.
- 10.1.4. ZIMMER HOLDINGS INC.
- 10.1.5. DENTSPLY INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- 10.1.6. 3M COMPANY
- 10.1.7. AVINENT IMPLANT SYSTEM
- 10.1.8. CAMLOG BIOTECHNOLOGIES AG
- 10.1.9. OSSTEM IMPLANT CO., LTD.
- 10.1.10. BIOHORIZONS, INC.
*Details on Financials, Product & Services, Strategy, & Developments might not be captured in case of unlisted companies.
- 11.1. INSIGHTS OF INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- 11.2. DISCUSSION GUIDE
- 11.3. AVAILABLE CUSTOMIZATIONS
- 11.4. INTRODUCING RT: REAL TIME MARKET INTELLIGENCE
- 11.5. RELATED REPORTS